Monday, March 5, 2012

We Need an African American All American Idiot

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 


The reason I received this invitation to audition as pne of the hosts of All American Idiots is because of a show I auditioned for back in February 24, 2011. This is a continuation pattern of me being remembered in 2012. My recent audition for Take Me Out is partly because I was remembered. I am in a few data bases. Actually, this is the second time the Love Scouts data base worked towards my benefit. Friday, April 8, 2011 I was invited to an interview because of Love Scouts that later gave me the opportunity to be on the show Baggage


I received the message yesterday and I quickly put something together. This time I tried something different. I doubt my approach was successful but I gave it a try. I never utilize the race card but this time why not. 


Here's the message I initially received through email:


Hey Guys,  

I am contacting you because you are in my casting files and I thought that you might be a perfect fit for this upcoming TV pilot.  (We met briefly when you auditioned for the dating show, "Love Scouts in January, 2011.")  Please see the casting call info. below and let me know if you're interested!!!

CASTING CALL for "ALL AMERICAN IDIOTS"



WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:


--2 male hosts for a TV pilot for CMT

--Guys who are crazy, All American, down for anything, and all around up for the weirdest, craziest, and most dangerous stuff in America. . .think Anthony Bourdain's "No Reservations" meets "Bizarre Foods" meets "Dirty Jobs" meets "Jackass," through the heartland. 

SHOW DESCRIPTION:

"All American Idiots"

Each state in the USA has a unique array of extreme subcultures, sports, foods, and experiences.  All American Idiots, is a reality adventure show that will follow our two fearless hosts around the country, state by state, as the take on the most bizarre, extreme, and dangerous culturally relevant activities they can find. This is Americana at its best!  Think Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations meets Bizarre Foods meets Dirty Jobs meets Jackass, through the heartland. 

Each episode will put our 2 hosts in one of the 50 great states of the USA where they will attempt to tackle and maybe even master some of the strangest things that make that state, county or town unique.  They'll participate in the weirdest sports, attend the craziest festivals and subject themselves to whatever odd right of passage is presented to them. This show is not a passive tour of the coolest sites in a state, this is an interactive adventure.  Each epsiode will feature our talent getting hands on with every activity, and participating in 8 to 10 contained activities that will put our hosts limits to the ultimate test. Whether wrangling crocodiles in the bayous of Louisiana or competing in the annual lawnmower drag races in Tennessee, our hosts will tackle them all!

***Here's some footage that will help give you a feel for the show: 



HOW TO APPLY:


--Send a 1-2 minute video explaining why you're a good fit for the show.  Be sure to explain on camera why you're a funny-adventurous-crazy badass. . .

Basically, we just need you to chat a little bit about yourself and why you're so AWESOME for 1 or 2 minutes.  The video does NOT have to be anything fancy, and there's no need to tape yourself doin' anything crazy.  

--Include a few still photos of yourself along with a brief biography   

Motown Maurice's All American Idiots Video Submission 


Final Thoughts

I probably didn't hit the marks of what they were asking for but oh well... Its already behind me. I also didn't reference the show properly in the audition video. I kept saying "I'm an American Idiot," leaving out word "All." I"m sure that doesn't work towards my favor very well but oh well.

Besides, I'm not too sure about being apart of a show like that. I would definitely accept but hmmmmm....I know I'm fearless but my idiot ratio is pretty low. If they never contact me again, I won't lose any sleep.

As the quest continues...

The Future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

2 comments:

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign