Monday, April 11, 2011

Week 29: I'm Looking For The H.E.I.C

I'm Looking for The Head Executive in Charge

In the past few posts, I've referred to the March Month of Madness often. Each time I addressed how important the month of March is. My demands were clear. I needed significant results by the end of the month. Positive or negative I required results. I approached each day of March knowing that my future was at stake.

March is now over and I just completed my first full week of April... So what happened? Shouldn't I be writing about how wonderful things are right now. Or I should be writing about how horrible my life is right now. Although a negative outcome is always a possibility, I won't allow that to happen while I'm in the divers seat. In this case, I did get results. I got plenty of results. Its not exactly the results I envisioned, but in many ways I believe its better.

I got results alright. I got my Universal State of mind back. Immediately after the first weekend of April (The 1st, 2nd & 3rd) I wrote CREATING THE MOTOWN MAURICE HOLLYWOOD UNIVERSE. In deed it was vaguely written and this post will also be partly vague, but its enough for you to know I'm back. When  I say I'm back, I'm referring to to my way of thinking.

As much as I would like to write full intricate details of whats transpiring, it would take too long. In addition, it will be better to provide details when I have fully acquired what I'm working for. For now, I'll just point out the factors that triggered the return of my revolutionary mind state. 

Seeking The Executive Part 1 

Day 194 Friday, April 1, 2011

* I significantly remember proclaiming this day as my a graduation day. At least its what I told some of my fellow Vampires marking the completion of our never ending show run.

* Most importantly, earlier in the day I had a casual conversation with one of my fellow cast mates Ava. That conversation uprooted this stream of growing thought. Ava missed the admin group meeting on Day 192 Wednesday, March 30, 2011 and during our recap is where things started to manifest. I told her about an idea the group tried to give me. They suggested I try to get in contact with Jay Leno. Knowing what I know about Jay Leno and his competitive edge, that was an unreasonable suggestion. As I shared that suggestion with Ava she responded by saying, "Your right, Jay Leno probably isn't the guy that would help you but I think I know someone that would be able to help you. Remember I told you I met..." 


I won't reveal his name right now but I was in total agreement with the person she suggested. Remarkably, it wasn't the first time his name was suggested to me. As a matter a fact, a year and a month before while I was still in Tampa, I tried to find his information. At one particular meeting, his name was suggested and that same day I began to seek out to reach him. Although, I was unsuccessful at the time I believe its more than a coincidence that his name came up again.   


His name permeated my mind all weekend and finally I had to take some action on Monday morning. For now lets call him Mr. Executive.


Next Related: Who is Mr. Executive

Week 29 Review

Day 196 Sunday, April 3, 2011


Blogging…

Day 197 Monday, April 4, 2011 

I woke up this morning with a fiery intensity boiling up in my mind. I couldn't stop thinking about Mr. Executive. Ava and I discussed a premature plan to meet up with him the same way she met him a few weeks before. The plan had potential but my mind was burning and I had to act faster. As a result, I got my butt up from the bed and immediately began researching on the internet. The search was like deja vu from the year before. Some of the sites I found were the exact same sites I remembered seeing the year before. 
Nonetheless, with even more perseverance I continued on searching. Finally I found an address on a site called: www.corporationwiki.com. Unsure about the address and whether or not it was up to date, I kept searching. The same address kept popping up then I suddenly found a phone number. Last year I couldn't find an address nor phone number. With a smile of curiosity I called and behold it was the number to Mr. Executives office. I was immensely shocked. 

I made sure I left a clear and precise message with the receptionist. I was trying so hard to be clear and precise I exaggerated one tiny bit of detail.

Day 198 Tuesday, April 5, 2011

* Feeling guilty about that exaggerated bit information I called back the next day and cleared it up with a more precise approach. My precise approach worked. I was put in contact with the direct assistant and obtained her email. I promised to send a cover letter and digital portfolio with in 24 hours. By this time I was adamant about calling that office at least once a day.

* Another LA Casting Networking Mixer

...Motown Maurice & ...
The last networking mixer I attended was on March 8th.  I went there with hopes that it would be my last or at least one of my last visits. This appearance would make the one of my last. Or the last one of the last two (Something like that). I didn't even enjoy it this time. None of the networking was resourceful for me this time around. Or maybe its because I didn't enjoy the open bar. The last two times I really enjoyed it but this time my first and only drink put a taste in my mouth.  

* I received a notice for a Trivia Show with NBC. I honestly dislike trivia. I never really participated in any games with friends. I submitted anyway. When the response came in,  I submitted for it anyway. Read below to find out what happens.   

Day 199 Wednesday, April 6, 2011

* Attended my admin group for the second time.

* After the group meeting I went over some typos and additions on my cover letter & portfolio with my sponsor for life Pamela Y. Robinson. Following that, I sent the info to Mr. Executive's assistant and followed up with a phone call. I didn't get to speak to her but I spoke to the young lady I interacted with on Monday. They all know me by now and they are extremely friendly.

* After a nap, I retrieved  a random email from my college friend Jovan who thought of me after he read an article. The awesome thing is that we probably haven't spoke since college. Maybe just a few times on Facebook. Moreover, the information he emailed me was eye opening, I was also humbled that he thought of me after reading it. When good people know your doing good things, they think of you when you least expect it. 

The article was about Google/Youtube's newest endeavor. I immediately invested hours of my time trying to find Google's contact info. Unfortunately, its almost impossible to get a number that leads to a human being.  As a result, I decided to go to one of the Goolge's locations in Santa Monica in person the next day. As for the project, I'm going to keep the details of it under raps for now.   

* While seeking Google's contact information I found a program called Google chat. Click here and
 we can chat with each other when I'm on my blog. You don't have to download anything.

Day 200 Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Plot Thickens 

* Spoke to Mr. Executive's assistant and I was advised to follow up next week because he's in the studio right now.
* On the bus to Google in Santa Monica, I received an audition notice for a role on TnT. While looking at the information on my cell phone, I realized the audition was for today in a couple hours. Not only that, the audition was in walking distance from Google's location in Santa Monica. Its like they new I was going to be in the area. That situation was laid out perfectly. (More about Google below)

I arrived early at the audition knowing that I had to leave soon to get to the trivia audition. I got called in pretty quickly but when they found out the role I was auditioning for I had to sit down and wait for a while. I few new people came in after me was called in because they were a part of the first set. I asked a few time concerning questions and I was politely told that I could leave if I needed to. Realizing that I would probably miss my other audition I had to make a decision. The best decision was to be patient and do my best at the audition my agent got for me.

Once the audition was over I left running in full speed 8-10 blocking in effort to get the next bus. As soon as I arrived at the bus stop a bus came. Even though I got the bus on time, traffic was terrible. I made a one transferring mistake along the way and arrived an hour late. It just so happens that the audition group just went in a few minutes before I arrived. This opportunity obviously wasn't for me.

Even though I missed that audition, I got a call back for the TNT audition a few hours later. It come through email. That's something to celebrate about. I think I made a great decision to be patient, don't you think?

* I failed to mention that I got a call for for another audition notice for a new game show called: (JML). I responded to an email the night before, she called today and  within one conversation I had scheduled interview for tomorrow. 

* Attended Life Book acting class. 

Day 201 Friday, April 8, 2011

* I arrived at the TNT audition with an out of the box idea. Before I mention the idea, I would be remiss if I didn't mention that my TNT audition is with the same casting company that called me back for The McDonald's commercial in January. A call back is a big deal in this industry. 

The audition was for a role that involved a young man walking his dog while indulged with his cell phone. The character is into his phone so much that he doesn't realize his dog is getting demolished by a monster. In today's called back I decided to make it a little more realistic and make the space my own. When I walked in, I asked if I could try something that I didn't do the day before. Once I got the okay, I pulled out my makeshift apparatus.  I basically used my pants belt, the shoulder strap to one of my bags and made a leash. I noticed in advance a near by stool and attached my leash to one of the legs. It took about 10 seconds to put it all together and right away they responded to my creativity. 

One of the five casting directors said, "Wow, I didn't know what you were about to whip up. I thought you were going to do stand up comedy or something. "At the moment I had an advantage. I am certain that my idea and extra effort made an impression. I did about 4 takes of the same routine and it ended. Sine there wasn't much response or eye contact at the end I left a little sideways about a possible positive outcome. 
* I had my audition for JML at Sony Pictures. The last time I was at Sony Pictures was when I did some audition work on day 36. Everything comes around full circle as you can see. 

Motown Maurice visits Sony Pictures again.
* Before any of the above details took placed today, I received an email to interview for a show code name B. Apparently, this particular person remembered from my LS (Love Scouts. Code Revealed 3/5/12)     interview on Day  157 = Thursday, February 24, 2011  they said I was great and wanted to invite me to interview for show code named B next week. They also said it doesn't mean I won't be apart of LS. 

* As for the Google story let me continue were I left off yesterday. There are so many details I'm leaving out, for now. Nonetheless, I was unsuccessful trying my best to get the information I needed at Google's location in Santa Monica. The receptionist and a person outside new nothing. However, I came up with a better plan today. In the article Jovan sent me, it stated that Google has been in contact with Hollywood's biggest talent agencies. It listed 3 of the most well known agencies. Since I realized that I'll probably never find anyone from Google, I'm going to contact the talent agencies directly. 

Day 202 Saturday, April 9, 2011


Final Thoughts

This post and this week 28's post exemplifies an approach I haven't attempted since I arrived in LA on September 19, 2010. I never tried to contact any executive. I never tried to contact any major company with power. What does this mean? It means I'm having big visions again. I've had some smaller visions here and there throughout my quest but I'm now manifesting something huge. I can actually see a step by step process that can lead to the fruition of my purpose. I can see it coming to life greater then I ever imagined in the pasted. 

My current state of thinking is unlike any other thoughts I've had in the past year. Truthfully, the last time I was thinking at this magnitude was when I launched the first season of The Motown Maurice Show.
I'm now spreading my eggs out farther then ever before. Believe it or not, I have my least amount of eggs in the basket of auditions and reality/game show opportunities. I started out this week not even thinking about any auditions and before you know it I got hot. Sometimes that's how it works. Desperation doesn't align very well with achievement. The moment someone gets to a stage when they are not trying so hard and moving forward after every audition is normally when the best results achieved. I've been told that before and now I'm experiencing. 

As the quest continues...

The Future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign