Sunday, February 27, 2011

Week 23 Review: I'm Ready!!! Bring It On!!!

"If ever I believe my work is done, then I'll start back at one."
~Brain McKight


Remember late last year/early January, when I had all these top secret pending projects such as the The Big 1, The Big 2 & The Big 3. Well, lets just say I'm in a similar yet familiar placement again. This time however, the out come will be significantly different. 


"History is known for repeating itself but to acquire the results  desired it will take action of a revolutionary." 
~Motown Maurice


I've been in the holding booth before. I've been on the sidelines. They threw me in the back seat and eventually I was omitted from the process. Beyond the quest it appears to be the story of my life.


Just in case all of my adversities are tests from the universe, I decided to distantly and deliberately send out a message by the methods of  shouting this week. The message was entitled and blurted, "I'm Ready, Bring It On."


"There is no better than adversity. Every defeat, every heart break, every loss contains its own seed, its own lesson to to improve your performance the next time."
~Malcolm X


"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."  
~Thomas Edision


Like the previous processes there is a waiting period. That's inevitable. At the end of this I'm predicting more opportunities then I can manage. Indeed, that will be something to blog about. Now is my time!


Day  154 = Sunday, February 20, 2011

* The inspiration for this post was conceived:  It Was Time For a Change...So I Cut It All Off


*  I returned to my walking billboard promotional roots and started wearing my flier around my neck again. It works. People look and ask questions. It works with very little effort. 

* I was also watching the NBA All-Star game at this restaurant type place called Capital City Hollywood. After the All-Star game there was a premiere party for ABC's show Amazing Race. Here is a photo of myself and one of this seasons contestants. (This note was added 3/11/11)

Motown Maurice & Vyxsin Fiala an Amazing Race Contestant.
Day  155 = Monday, February 21, 2011

* Submitted for work most of the day.

* Moments after I got off the train on the way to improv class, a random guy got my attention and asked if if I'm that talk show host guy. When I confirmed he was talking about me, he told me he got my flier somewhere off of Crenshaw. I have no clue how it got there. He was mostly curious on whether I needed his help for anything thing and if I had any work available. 

Day  156 = Tuesday, February 22, 2011

* I finally acknowledged the last hand full of people that provided me a donation last year. 
Post: Donation Update # 4 For Real. Sorry for the delay.  

* I guess I can say I was wrong... I can't be right all the time. On Day 152 = Friday, February 18, 2011. I wrote about an audition that I thought I didn't get cast for since they didn't call me the next day. Well I got called today and I'm cast. Its nothing big. There is no pay but I'm just happy for the work. I'll keep you posted on the outcome.

Day 157 = Wednesday, February 23, 2011

 

* Posted: And the Academy Award goes to...Motown Maurice. I didn't intend on leading anyone on with that Academy award post but at least 2 people had the impression that I was telling the truth. Sorry, I have my moments when I like to over dramatize things.  

 

* I was contacted from an ad on Craigs List to be apart of a shoot but it was ridiculous. I ended up leaving. Too much chaos. 

* I also got a notice from my agent about a special gig. I'm strategically working on ways to get attention for it. We'll see what happens. 

Day 158 = Thursday, February 24, 2011

* Attended an interview for: LS (LS= Love Scouts. Code Revealed 3/5/12)

* My infamous conversation with the universe."I'm Ready Bring it On."


* Sent in a quick audition video for a part entitled: Disturbed - Warrior For the role of: Carlos. 

Day 159 = Friday, February 25, 2011

* Vampire Masquerade showcase. My cast members are starting to think I'm crazy.  Some of them say they are struggle to hold their laughter when we are on stage together.

* Notice for another interview next week: E

Day 160 = Saturday, February 26, 2011

* I literally stayed in my pajamas all day working on the computer. 

Final Thoughts

Compared to last week, this week was extremely slow. I don't like it when things are slow but its expected. Nevertheless, I certain those seed are starting sprout. In another words, its soon to be harvest time.  

As the Quest Continues

The Future of Late Night

Motown Maurice 

1 comment:

  1. Latoshia 'Lala Rosa' JenningsMarch 9, 2011 at 7:38 PM

    Ahhhh! I love the beginning sentence. Brian McKnight. I love that song.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign