Sunday, May 15, 2011

Week 33: Its Not My Time Yet...

but my time is definitely near. I can feel it!

I have never took this long to post my weekly review. I normally post on the start of a new week which is Sunday. The latest on the following Wednesday but not this time. I'm posting week 33 on the first day of Week 35 which means I'm extremely behind. Things have been moving very fast. There is a lot of good momentum in the air and I'm loving every moment of it. Before I break down my review I have to shout out my mom and a few other things.

Momma Knows...Momma Knows...

First and foremost, I have to give my mom a shout out. I could spend the rest of my life listing one million and one reasons of how great she is but for the sake of time I'm going to specify one reason now. Less than two months ago I posted The Pursuit of a Limitless Entertainer Part 1 in that post I mentioned that my mom sent me a credit card. My mom felt lead in her spirit to send me a credit card with my name on it. At one time I had near impeccable credit until the end of last year (No Sacrifice No Victory). The fact that she could put a credit card with my name on it is a miracle of its own.


Moreover, I took the credit card from my mom with the intentions of making my mom happy. I still told her that I had no plans to never use it. I just new I would have my stuff together soon. A few weeks pasted and I didn't use it as I planned. At the same time my mom would constantly tell me to use it for food and transportation. Reluctantly, I started to use it slowly but surely. Now I can honestly stay that I don't know how I would of made it through the past couple of weeks if my mom didn't send me that card. God only knows what type of crap I would be eating or if I would be even eating at all. I completely stopped eating fast food shortly after arriving in LA. I'll purchase some french fries from every blue moon but that's it.

Subway's sandwiches is the only type of fast food I've been eating the most. Burgers don't agree with me anymore. Thanks to my mom I'm able to purchase a meal of my desire and eat happy. I never feel like sleeping after eating one of Subway's $5 foot longs. I've also been trying to go to the movies at least once a week to help me relax my mind. The goal is to take one day or half a day out of the week and do something relaxing. I am able to do so because of my mom's superb spiritual intuition. 

The point to this banter is, "Momma Knows...Momma Knows. I didn't even want to acknowledge that card but it has truly been a blessing to me. I am able to eat decent and relax with ease because of my moms power to love. Thank you ma. You are truly the Unsung Miracle of my survival out here. Love you ma. 


Everywhere I go...

On day 222 & day 223 I wrote about how popular I'm getting. Since then I literally can't go anywhere without somebody recognizing me from another event or place we met before. I'm not exaggerating either. For only being in LA 6/7 months I think that pretty good. I also think its a sign. My time is coming. I won't post every time someone recognizes me but just now that I'm making a very vivid presents here in Hollywood and I'm being noticed. Hollywood is sinking because I'm getting larger. 

I'm starting to connect the dots...

I began to have strong visions this week. I believe I opened up a can of worms when I wrote Week 28: CREATING THE MOTOWN MAURICE HOLLYWOOD UNIVERSE. I'm beginning to visual all my puzzle pieces more clearly and soon I will be able to put all together. I have to create on my own, point blank. I knew this from the very beginning but for some reason my wires were disconnected for a while.  The questions of "when?" and "how?" are always hovering but I am positive the answers will soon utter "here!!"and "now!!!." 

On my 30th day evaluation I completely broke down what I was going to do and described steps in which I needed to take. Moving forward since that evaluation I had a radio interview not too long ago on The Red Viking Show.  In the interview I was asked what network I want to have my show on. At this moment I don't like the answer I gave. The bottom line is I have to create on my own without any limitations. Most importantly, I'm now beginning to realize exactly now I'm going to do it. I'm sure I will eventfully join a network but I need to focus on my own creations. Time will soon reveal it all. 

Day 224 Sunday, May 1, 2011

* Just over a month ago I was facing a furious State of Judgment. Somehow it passed and I'm still standing. Today Judgment resurfaced with an official date. I'm far from concerned and I did promise myself not to use the term judgment again but but it is what it is.

* I went to see Fast 5 at AMC Century City 15. I won't be seeing any movies over their again anytime soon. Its in at a fancy mall off of Santa Monica Blvd. I like the mall because you can interact with some many different Sony and IPad toys but the movies are too pricey. The cost is like $13.50. I'm going to stick with AMC at Universal City Walk. Other than that, Fast 5 was great. I really enjoyed it. I am now an official fan of bank heist movies. I never even seen any of the other Fast and Furious movies but I saw this because it had a robbery plot.  

* After the movies I immediately found out Osama Bin Laden was dead.

* Received a  notification to audition for a Snoop Dogg movie/video.

Day 225 Monday, May 2, 2011

* I auditioned for a Mercedes Benz commercial and I left feeling like I could of gave a lot more energy. I didn't think I did so well. Nevertheless, later this week my agent called me and I notified that I'm on the "avail list." It doesn't mean I'm confirmed but more like a tentative status. I obviously did better then I thought. I'm not great at predicting these type of things anyway. My agent said they are noticing me and obviously liking me.

* The Mercedes Benz audition was in Sherman Oats so I had to visit my favorite pizza place. Its been a while since I was there. I think the last time I was there was on day 17.  

* I'm been anticipating the open call audition to become a Universal Studios Tour guide for a few weeks now. I found that ad on Craigs List. I figured I was a shoe in but I never heard back. Oh well, it wasn't for me. I really didn't want it anyway. Although, it would of been a great opportunity to enhance my speaking skills its too much like a day job. I sure I would of because inpatient and not lasted anyway. 

* I arrived at the Snoop Dogg audition not sure what to expect. Upon arrival I was approached by the casting director and I was told she thought I would make a good nerdy geek for one of the roles. She saw my high top and thought of Steve Urkel. I had no clue that's what they wanted me their for. I remember submitting for the project but what when I got the notice I later realized I was put down for a females role. I probably submitted so fast I didn't realize what I did. As soon as they told me to be a nerd, I had to improvise immediately. She said she really wanted me to do well at the audition and that gave me a little extra motivation.   

As you read and journey with me, also visualize the extent of my travels from bus to train with a bag on one shoulder and a a change of clothing in the other. With out knowing they wanted me to audition for the role of a nerd I think I did pretty good. You be the judge by checking out the picture below. Moreover, I was excited and excused myself from the casting area and thoroughly rehearsed in front of the building. When I finally auditioned I received an amazing response. The young man in casting told me that my depiction of the character was awesome. He asked me to try it again with a totally different approach but I think my 2nd approach was too similar. 

Long story short, as great as the response was I think I made a charactercher of the role. Meaning I was to clownish. I'm proud that I mesmerized my lines and I gave great energy but I should had better versions prepared. I didn't get the part. A more popular young semi celebrity actor got it. I did get a call to be apart of the project as an extra. See week 34 for the review. 


Motown Maurice is a sexy looking nerd.
Day 226 Tuesday, May 3, 2011

* I took my friend Kate from my LIfebook acting class to Star Bucks for coffee and conversation. Coffee and/tea is a great way to network.  I recently self-acknowledged that I like treat people for a bite or a drink from time to time. Unfortunately, most people I've invited for tea don't have it together to invest in the importance of tea and networking.People around here are very dizzy.

* Lifebook Acting class scene rehearsal for "Rescue Me," at Linna's house.

* I had an audition for a student project for the role of Ryan. I didn't do that great because I probably should of completely memorized the scene but at the least I like the way I incorporated the styrofoam cup into the audition.


Motown Maurice after an audition.

Read Post: Now Supplying Drink Coasters for LA Casting Mixers

 Day 227 Wednesday, May 4, 2011

* My buddy Ava and I rehearsed a scene we preformed at our last TSAG class. I went over by her place near Venice beach. We were preparing to be in a contest this upcoming Friday. 

* My roommate likes to listen to the radio in the morning but their are times she won't put it on because she may not want to wake me up. I sleep in the living room and I don't mind the radio on in the morning. Sleeping or not. I got up and I put the radio on and laid back down. Then I heard his name. Mr. Executive's name in part of an event called Mac's Minute Microphone Mixer. My head popped up as fast as lightening. Shortly afterward I paid and signed up to attend. Part of the story is revealed here: Time Warner Cable's Born To Shine. The core of what happened next is posted on Friday below.

* Starting with an ad I noticed on Craig's List, I took a story I developed about myself, Ava and Mr. Chill from Day 213 Wednesday, April 20, 2011 and it spawned a phone call about a game show called What's It Worth? The audition takes place next week.  

Mr. Chill & Motown Maurice in a photo shoot for upcoming things popping.
* On Day 218 Monday, April 25, 2011 I got the impression that my agent might not be doing theatrical work anymore but it was later cleared up. On Saturday, I was informed that my agents  theatrical division is staying open with the excitement of a new person on the team. Ironically and randomly an agency known as ATA contacted me with interest of representing me. Of course I later declined and was advised by others not to accept anyway.  

Day 228 Thursday, May 5, 2011

* Conducted my 2nd The Motown Maurice Hustle & Shuffle interview with Chuck Erickson

* Lifebook Acting Scene rehearsal for "Friends" at The Space Theater.

* Lifebook class. See other pictures here: www.Facebook.com/lifebookacting

* I called yesterday to thank the guys for allowing me to host the comedy show on Day 222 Friday, April 29, 2011 and they called me back today to ask me to host their next show. They thought I was good and pointed out that I should liven things up a bit but I was all in. 

Day 229 Friday, May 6, 2011

Read Post: Time Warner Cable's Born To Shine

* Wednesday's rehearsal payed off at the Hollywood Fight Club today. It went well and we were asked to perform in the showcase. For various reasons Ava and I decided to wait until next month to perform in the contest.

Mac’s Minute Microphone Minute...

Wednesday above explains show I ended up at this event. I attended and I thought it was a pretty cool event. Radio host/actress Tammy Mac created the event and invites well known casting directors. The casting director for the movie now in theaters "Jumping The Broom" was present. Each talent put their name in a bucket or signed up in advance. The format is based on everyone performing for a minute. American Idol meets the Gong Show. Some peoples minute lasted much longer for some odd reason. I wrote some stand up comedy mostly while waiting but my name didn't get picked. Tammy did say everyone wasn't going to get picked and its not something to be discouraged about. In her own words, "Its Just Not Your Time Yet."


Once the event was over at least two really interesting things happened. Of course everyone was swarming toward the casting directors to give them their head shots. I wasn't swarming and I didn't have any head shots. I had my quarter page flier and I waited patiently to drop one in each of their hands.

Who is Mr. Executive

I've been writing about Mr. Executive a few times for the past few weeks and there is no reason to hide his name at this point. His name is Bryon Allen. One of the main reasons I attended this event was because I heard his name on the radio spot. He wasn't present but his executive producer was there. Interesting enough, when I approached her, she shook my hand and said my name loud and clear with energy. She noticed my flier hanging around my neck. She was very receptive. I told her a few things about myself, a bit about my recent show in Tampa and that I've been trying to contact Byron Allen. I even mentioned his assistants names. She responded positively and we separated.

I spent some time wondering around the exit and when she left we made eye contact and smiled at each other. For some reason before she exited, she told her associate, "That's Motown Maurice." I don't think her associate heard her because she was talking to someone else. Thus, that tiny mention of my name was meaningful.

* The other interesting thing that happened came from another casting director. I don't remember what he casts for but he thought he should give me some advice. I gave me one of my fliers and after asking me a few questions he told me that I shouldn’t put The Future of Late on there? He thought it was arrogant and it might affect my chances in Hollywood. He said he was just trying to help because I seemed like a nice young man. The conversation ended by him shaking my hands and him saying "Welcome to Hollywood."

On purpose I didn't engage into conversation with that guy. He has no idea who I am and what I'm capable of. I'm not one of these humans he's use to interacting with. If arrogant is the word that describes me best I'll accept it proudly. I have to send a message and I'll do it by any means necessary.  I'm not dependent of any casting directors because I am the creator of my own universe. I'm sure that conversation would of discouraged a normal human being but not me. My wheels began turning and the fire began to burn baby.  

Tammy Mac hosting Mac's Minute Microphone Mixer
* At the end of the show, Tammy Mac took the time out to tell me how good I did at the Born To Shine contest  again. She said, I really did a great job and that maybe only one other person might of been close to matching my energy. 

Next Related: Thursday, April 14, 2011


Previous Related: Seeking The Executive Part 1



Day 230 Saturday, May 7, 2011  

I attended the new edition of the ShowBiz Expo. The last one was there on Day 76 & Day 77. 
This time I didn't volunteer and I attended as a spectator. Goods things tends to happen while attending.
Motown Maurice and the sexy ladies booth at the ShowBiz Expo
* Don't let the picture fool you. I did some serious networking at this event. The most notable was with Metro's Transit TV. I have a feeling I will have a good update about that soon.

* After the Showbiz Expo I attended the TSAG potluck. See more pictures here:

Motown Maurice and TSAG 1, 2, 3, & 4 potluck
TSAG Related: 


Final Thoughts

I have no interest in writing any final thoughts. I'm just glad I'm finally done writing this post.  

As the quest continues...

The Future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign