Finally on day 15, I received a no subject email inviting me to their last audition today. I explained what they asked for in day 16. I really struggled figuring out how to prepare and what to showcase. I’m excellent at video parodies but live sketch comedy is new to me. I wasn’t beating myself up about it, but I probably punched myself in the face once (not literally). Finally, I decided I’m going to arrive with high energy and I’m going to be truthful and honest. I have nothing to lose. At this point in my life I can only gain. Here is a pre-recording of myself a few minutes before the audition.
|Their pizza slices are huge!!!!|
When they received their food, I basically followed them to their table and introduced myself. Of course, I excused, introduced myself and told them I couldn’t help but over hear their conversation. I also gave them some of my promotional information. They responded very positivity. The main person even said that’s what you have to do. He mentioned a show he’s working on with B.E.T and that he's keep me in mind. As he was looking at my bookmark he said he liked my look.
As I arrived at NBC Studios in Burbank, California... I couldn’t help but wonder if I will be able to make a connection with someone who works there or maybe get to meet Jay himself. At the entrance, there was a fast moving line of people entering the show. I didn’t have any tickets. All I had was a name to mention at the gate. That name apparently was important because it brought me into an exclusive VIP green room. It was nice, plus there was food. Check it out.
- The showcasing of musical videos before the show was a nice touch.
- Audience gift give a-ways before and during the commercial breaks, (Of course I had this idea but there was no budget for that at the time).
- I love the way Jay came out and spoke to the crowd in normal clothes before the show. I wish I did that.
- Jay’s Producers assisted with his questions during the interview by holding up additional questions from 15 or 20 feet away.
- Lastly, the energy of his crowd was priceless. My show’s energy was good at times but not even as close.
|Motown Maurice & Jermaine Smith|
Who will be next?