Monday, April 4, 2011

Week 28: CREATING THE MOTOWN MAURICE HOLLYWOOD UNIVERSE

All I NEED IS A GOOD STRATEGY... The only problem is I'm not sure what the strategy is yet. THEN AGAIN MAYBE I DO KNOW WHAT IT IS. As blessings and disappointments continue to flourish my quest, strategy and imagination is my most powerful defense. Disappointments makes me stronger and strategy allows me to survive longer (wow, I like that quote). This weeks disappointments and most previous disappointments truly had no affect on me. I had no desire to sleep for long hours or did it deduct any of my energy. The only thing that it did was put me in the zone. 

Those of you that know me, know the zone is not a bad thing. The zone is when my mind travels into space and absorbs creative energy/ideas then transports them back to earth in a solid form. In another words, the zone is my deep deep daydreams. I'm in the zone right now and I have been in the zone in a less than usual way this week. Especially since the weekend. (Friday/Saturday).

I have an idea, in which I just realized that many signs have been pointing in this ideas direction lately. When I got the idea, I had a "why didn't of think of doing that before" moment. Now, I'm in the process of developing a strategy that may possibly be what I needed to begin with. I have been auditioning for all these reality shows and everything else that comes my way with the hope that one of them will grant me a key.

Truthfully speaking, I go into auditions with the mentality of advancing and winning. Then when that doesn't happen, the power to create my own Motown Maurice Hollywood Universe grows in more an more. I won't reveal my strategic plan right now but just know something very tasty is cooking. 

Day 189 Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day 190 Monday, March 28, 2011

* Received a notice for a music video

Day 191 Tuesday, March 29, 2011

* I tried this Mexican restaurant nearby. lol

Day 192 Wednesday, March 30, 2011

* Attended my admin group. Its a small group of us that from the free acting class. We get together once a week and provide each other updates of our career.

* After class and in the spur of the moment, I joined my friend Kim Stives and volunteered a couple hours of my time at this Hollywood management company. It was interesting experience. I spend the time submitting talent for work. I could volunteer again and submit myself next time. hmmm we'll see.

Day 193 Thursday, March 31, 2011

* Read Post: Behind the Scenes With Hot New Artist SWIFT

* Received a audition notice from my agent.

* I was suppose to meet up with somebody at a park about a possibility of me being featured in a documentary. I tried to reschedule but he never emailed back. The whole situation wasn't professional anyway.  

Day 194 Friday, April 1, 2011

* Auditioned for some type of cable/TV/Internet commercial that my agent got me. 
Day 195 Saturday, April 2, 2011

* I went to an open call for the reality show called Big Brother. As usual I was pumped and hyped about the possibilities. However, they audition situation was nothing like imagined. They interview 4 people at a time and I didn't capitalize on any of  the ideas I came with.

Final Thoughts

I'm tired of these reality show auditions...
I'm even more tired of playing ring around the rosy with Hollywood. 
Its truly time for me to create my own Motown Maurice Hollywood Universe. 

Even with the challenges that I may soon face. Challenges that I won't write about in detail at this time because of various reasons. I am confident about the future.

Just over a year ago (While I was still in Tampa), I had a conversation about particular person. I tried to find a contact for this person but I had no success. This past Friday/Saturday that person's name came back up again. It was the 2nd time in March his name came up. Not only are things are in the process of coming around full circle. I had a rude awaken and already followed through with it.

As the quest continues...

The Future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

1 comment:

  1. Thia is an awesome quote ~Disappointments makes me stronger and strategy allows me to survive longer~ There's nothing further to say, except i'm proud of you. Keep striving!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign