Sunday, April 15, 2012

What are you? Visionary or Dreamer?

Post Represents: Tuesday, April 10, 2012


I wasn't able to make last Month's M.O.C.I.T.I  meeting because I had a guest in town. I made it today and it was something to experience. Before the meeting started I recognized the person in the photo below. I asked a 15 year-old young man next to me named Kamil McFadden and he informed that's the actor that played Joe Jackson from the Jackson movie/"American Dream."


Laurence Hilton Jacobs aka Joseph Jackson
M.O.C.I.T.I Men United. 

This gentlemen was the brilliant guest speaker. (I will return with the correct spelling of his name soon.)
                                                 Wren T. Brown
Video Here: What are you? A Visionary or a Dreamer?


I didn't attend the meeting with the intentions of recording anything. Hence, there was a bunch of stuff in the beginning I regret not recording. Then when I heard the question about the difference between a visionary and dreamer asked by someone in the audience I had to record it.

I know the difference between the a visionary and a dreamer. I am a visionary and I don't even feel comfortable being called a dreamer. Moreover, I've collected a bunch some information over time about the topic. I was waiting for the correct moment to post it on my blog and there is no better time then now.

A dream is....

A dream is needed, its what drives us in the moring gives us passion!!
But Reality is that to accomplish these dreams we dont only need to be dreamers of what we want but Visonary peoplel that can make the our dreams come true... With out vision it is impossible to act and know where it is these dreams are taking us!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I held on to this article since July 23, 2011.

Visionary or Dreamer: Which are You?

This morning in the shower, a question kept coming to mind and would not leave (keep in mind, I am in a drug induced state from over the counter cold medicines).
“What is the difference between a visionary and a dreamer?” my mind asked over and over again. What makes someone with a vision for the future different from someone that dreams of the future?
Looking up the words in a dictionary is not much help. The definition for visionary ranges from “someone with supernatural powers” to “one who is given to impractical ideas.” Dreamer definitions don’t seem much better in explaining a difference. They range from “someone who lives in a world of fancy and imagination” to “a habitually impractical person.” Frequently, the visionary definition includes the term dreamer and vice versa.
This is not going to be easy to sort through and come up with a good working definition for the two words. They both have very different meanings to me, but that might be just me.
Here is what I think about the two words.
A visionary is someone who sees the possibility of a better future.
A dreamer is someone who see the possibility of a better future.
A visionary is someone who is able to articulate the vision?
A dreamer is someone who is unable to articulate the dream.
A visionary is someone who can inspire others to see the vision.
A dreamer is someone without the ability to lead.
A visionary is someone who can gather a team together that believes in the vision.
A dreamer is someone who will not share because “they wouldn’t understand.”
A visionary is someone who can elicit actions from others to accomplish the vision.
A dreamer is someone without the desire to see the dream accomplished.
A visionary is someone who sees the vision from the 30,000 feet level.
A dreamer is someone without the ability to set goals and achieve actions.
A visionary is someone who realizes that to accomplish the vision, requires people.
A dreamer is someone without the ability to lead others to see the dream.
A visionary is someone who knows that actions are required to get to the vision.
A dreamer is someone who fancies themselves smarter than others, so it doesn’t matter.
A visionary is someone who understands accountability and adheres to standards.
A dreamer is someone who doesn’t want to be held accountable for not achieving the dream.
A visionary is someone who has to take action to accomplish the vision
A dreamer is someone who sees action as something that would spoil the dream.
I think the difference comes down to a word, ACTION. A visionary acts, and a dreamer dreams. A visionary does, and a dreamer does not. A visionary says itcan be done, a dreamer say it is impossible. A visionary can’t wait to get up and get started, a dreamer goes back to sleep.
Which are you, a visionary or a dreamer? Which do you want to be? A new year is beginning and a fresh start can be made, if you want to put in the effort.
Visionaries are leaders and after all, that is what we are all about … leading and making a difference, so choose every day to be a visionary.
Original Source

Kamil McFadden, Jon Covington and 
Obba Babatundé closes out the meeting. 
Final Thoughts

This organization has an outstanding affect on the brothers that attend. Its a great going on here. My observations have noted a few things. The affect apparently isn't the same towards me but of course its not about me. There are a few other observations I've made which isn't necessary to mention. Overall, I am honored to be exposed to this great group of people. I can't confirm the next time I'll return but I'm sure to make an appearance again in the future.  

Previous Related: 



Website: http://mociti.org/

As the quest continues...

The Future of Late Night


Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign