Sunday, May 6, 2012

Give it up...You have got a lot of nerve

Starting on Wednesday, May 2, 2012 

Haters, you really have to appreciate them. I sincerely do. Each time I received these emails came in just smiled. All it tells me is that I'm on the right track. In effort to raise funds, I've had to pull out all my guns and bullets. I don't like asking for financial help but I'll do whatever it takes. I have an email list of over 3,000 individuals from the Tampa Bay area. I haven't used that email list since September of 2010. I kept them on file until now. Another reason why I haven't used that email list in so long is because it cost too much to to maintain the ability to send out massive emails. Constant Contact and the company I last used Rate Point cost too much per month. 

A while back my partner in Tampa, Reggie Smiley told me he had the technology to send out massive emails to my liken. I spent Tuesday night adjusting to the software and sent out the throughout Wednesday morning/afternoon. Here is the email I sent out. 

Greetings Tampa Bay & Beyond,

Its been a long time since we last communicated.  I am still in Los Angeles, CA, getting closer to my “Definite Purpose.” Currently, I am in great need of your support.  I am once again giving my all in attempt to create jobs and to make my mark as a nationally syndicated late night television host.

I am closer than I have ever been because I have made contact with two big television networks, MTV and VH1.  They among a few other networks waiting for a pilot demo that represents my newest late night talk show.  A national syndication deal is right around the corner but the only obstacle is raising funds for a needed pilot demo.

I sincerely need your support. Here is a link to my fund raising page: http://www.indiegogo.com/MotownMaurice Please make a financial donation and share the link with your family and friends. All the information about the project is located on the link.

Once again, I am very close to securing a deal and I need your help. Success is right around the corner and I can’t do it without your support.  Sponsorship opportunities are available. Please give what you can. http://www.indiegogo.com/MotownMaurice

Thank you very much

Sincerely,
Photobucket


The Future of Late Night 
Motown Maurice 

-----------------------

Overall, the responses have been supportive and donations started coming in within 24hrs after I sent out the emails but of course their had to be a few haters. What makes it worse is that I have no clue who these people are. I have no clue at all. 

Sent: Wednesday, May 2, 2012 6:42 PM
Subject: Re: My Sincere Request for your Support

Dude,
On IMDb you are ranked 2,044,428 one of my cats are higher than you. Since you been in LA, I've been on Rove LA (Rove also works for Jay Leno), I've on ASBC News and will be on The Travel Channel this month. I amd signed to star in a featured film being shot in NOLA next month.
Face the facts - you don't have IT! If you don't have IT, Hollywood doesn't want you. I'll be in LA in a few weeks for the fitting for my battle suit for Bloodiest. I'll have the media waiting for me when I arrive at LAX.
Stop wasting your time. You haven't been in an IMDb TV show or movuie since you been in LA. What are you doing?
Give it up, Shit I've been offered my own show and turned it down to do movies.


J.S 
(This is the quote in his signature) 
If you're not with me, then you're my enemy! 

Response

Greetings J..., 

You have shared some very enlightening information. 

I never thought of things in that perspective. 

I appreciate you taking the time out to reply back. 

Wishing you all the best and continued success in your career. 

Take care

Motown
  
Motown Maurice 

Sent: Sunday, May 6, 2012 6:41 AM
Subject: Re: My Sincere Request for your Support


Motown,

This is my wife's IMDb page ..............someone in Hollywood told her a few months ago, to concentrate her energies behind the camera because once her looks are gone, she's done in Hollywood. I told her he was right. So, she is learning all she can about production and being a DP as she can.

You should consider going to film school. Its better to know how to work behind the camera, than not knowing. Movie crews are always in demand. Actors and talk show hosts aren't. 



Response 



Your first advice was best suited for me. I'm not interested in film school. 

Once again thank you for reaching you. 

Wishing you all the best of continued success in your career. 

Take care

Motown Maurice 



-------------------------------

As you can see I don't play in to their an tactics. I don't mind giving them the impression that they are winning. I let them think they have the power. Here is another person. 

Sent: Thursday, May 3, 2012 3:44 AM
Subject: Re: My Sincere Request for your Support

Motown Maurice,

You have got a lot of nerve asking people you don't know for money to help you try to be a success. As an author trying to successfully sell my books/discoveries, I was not considered good enough to be on your show. Although I do not hold any grudges against you, it's just that if I was not a hustler, I would be begging strangers for money to help my career like you.

If you are grown- get your own- otherwise, you will be somebody's BOY!

Response 

Greetings V... 

You have shared some very enlightening information. 

I never thought of things in that perspective. 

I appreciate you taking the time out to reply back. 

Wishing you all the best. 

Take care

Motown

Final Thoughts 

Once again, I have no clue who these two people are. I looked up the guy J... but I don't recall ever seeing or meeting that guy before. As for V.... I don't know what the person is talking about. Not letting him on my my show. People I tell you. Mostly it was my community show I did for 2 1/2 years in Tampa called Wide aWoke Wednesday's. 


I could of ignored the emails but I actually like to reply to all my emails received. My response was generally the same for them both. I really do wish them all the best. Which also means that they will one day change from their ways, become more positive and continue to be successful. I have nothing but love to give. 


To J & V, I do not hold anything against you for what you don't know nor understand. I want you to succeed and I want you to be prosperous. 


As the quest continues...


The Future of Late Night


Motown Maurice 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign