Friday, December 30, 2011

Will Power vs Rejection


My good friend Liam Stone sent me this message through Facebook months ago. I believe it was around mid October. I thought it was really inspiring and that I should share it on my blog. I debated on when and exactly how I should do it but I think the timing is perfect now. I still don't consider myself to solely be an actor but the message transcends.


  • ACTORS by David Ackert

    Actors are some of the most driven, courageous people 

    on the face of the earth. They deal with more day-to-day 

    rejection in one year than most people do in a lifetime. 

    Every day, actors face the financial challenge of living a 

    freelance lifestyle, the disrespect of people who think they 

    should get “real” jobs, and their own fear that they’ll never 

    work again. Every day, they have to ignore the possibility 

    that the vision they have dedicated their lives to is a pipe 

    dream. With every role, they stretch themselves, 

    emotionally and physically, risking criticism and 

    judgement. With every passing year, many of them watch 

    as the other people their age achieve the predictable 

    milestones of normal life – the car, the family, the house, 

    the nest egg.

    But they stay true to their dream, in spite of the sacrifices. 

    Why?

    Because actors are willing to give their entire lives to a 

    moment – to the line, that laugh, that gesture, or that 

    interpretation that will stir the audience’s soul. Actors are 

    beings who have tasted life’s nectar in that crystal moment 

    when they poured out their creative spirit and touched 

    another’s heart. In that instant, they were as close to 

    magic, God, and perfection as anyone could ever be. And 

    in their own hearts, they know that to dedicate oneself to 

    that moment is worth a thousand lifetimes.



    Related Liam Post: Fox New Sport Skyball 


    Related Liam Post: Show Biz Expo Burbank 

    Related Liam PostProfessional Actor, Liam Stone

    or listen here: 


    Listen to internet radio with Motown Maurice on Blog Talk Radio


    Final Thoughts

    Rejection has been apart of me for the past year and more 

    then likely it rejection will always linger. However,

    rejection will never ever define me. 


    Thanks for sharing Liam. I really appreciate it.


    As the quest continues...

    The Future of Late Night

    Motown Maurice 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign