Friday, July 1, 2011

2011 Mid-Term Evaluation

January - June 2011 Evaluation

Where do I start? Where do I begin? I've been thinking about my 2011 Mid-Term Evaluation for the past 2-3 weeks. Every previous thought is to a degree slightly different from what I'm about to profess. First and foremost, I must say I've been blessed. The last two months especially has been awesome. May and June brought forth my first nationally syndicated 3 peat. Baggage, Excused & Let's Make a Deal and I started to confidently express the that fact that I'm having fun


Cutting To The Chase

Since March I've I started mentioning Judgment Day. Then for the first time, I revealed what Judgment was in GodSpeed - JuneSpeed (Judgment Day is Revealed. 

I've evaded revealing the complete situation for so long because I didn't want my mom and other love ones who might read my post to worry about me. Sometimes my choices appear crazy and I'll accept that. I make strong choices and I'll stick with it no matter what.

Okay. The core behind my writings of this Judgment situation for the past 4 months was the imminent possibility of being homeless. Meaning I would have to survive outside for a while. Even while facing this fierce reality, I never once become fearful. Of course I've been in deep thought about survival strategies but at all times I've been ready to embrace the challenge. I know I don't deserve to be homeless but if this is how God wants to test me, I'm ready for it. That's been my general view of the predicament.   

Right now as I write this post, I have not finalized where I'm going to be when the apartment keys dropped off at 3pm today. It was suppose to be dropped off yesterday but I asked for an extention.

However, unlike months ago, I have options now. Overtime in casual conversations, I've joked about being homeless for months. To my surprise, after making homeless jokes, 3-4 genuine people in different situations immediately offered to help by allowing me to stay with them. That was not something I was expecting as a response. I mainly wasn't expecting it because I barely know them and they barely know me.

The Homeless Reality

Last week while at the Pro Keds Barbershop Internet Commercial I shared my upcoming situation with one of the barbers and he said "It sounds like you want to experience being homeless." Without any hesitation I told him he was right. I think I do want to experience it for at least one night or so. Maybe because I want to include homelessness in my Hollywood story and exaggerate in a documentary one day. lol. Maybe I'll do it one night and get it out the way. I might know in the matter of hours.

The reality is there is no reason I should be homeless. I'm blessed and without even asking, people have offered me a place to stay. Then there is my mom who is continuously supporting me. She is the main person who I've was trying to evade in my blog with this topic. In addition to the support from my mom and other people I've developed decent back up plans.

One of my back up plans is to say in a dormitory housing available for $110.00 a week. Its not the most luxurious place because I'll have to share a room with several people on twin size beds but I'll do what I have to do. I've already started moving my belongings into storage unit. I can't take anything valuable into the dormitory housing situation. More than likely I'm going to be a rolling stone for a while.


Some Blessings Come To An End, To Make Room For Bigger Blessings

Yesterday, in a card and verbally in person I opened up my heart and tired my best to express how grateful I am for roommate. What I said and wrote in the card went a little like this.


Words can’t describe how grateful I am for you. I truly believe that you have been an interim guardian angel in my life appointed by God. Believe me when I say this because what I’m about to write is the complete truth. ~Roommate~ you saved my life. Before my initial contact to you through Facebook on September 3, 2010 I was a dead man walking. The length of my beard represented how lifeless, vision-less and spiritually dead I was at the time. If I wasn’t playing video games or basketball during that period, I was mostly in a lethargic state that could barely walk at times. 

Then came you. I often think about how easily you accepted my request to come to LA and until now I still can’t make sense of it. Before you picked me up at the airport on September 19, 2010 we haven’t seen each other in over 7-8 years and you so comfortably opened your home to me. We didn’t talk until days before. It doesn’t make any sense. All I can truly say is that your role in life is no accident,  it was a designed purpose. 

As we depart, I want you to know that you have done me no favors over the past 9 months. Consider what you have done for me as an investment.  On the other hand, I am now not only on a quest to host my own late night talk show anymore. My quest now includes making sure your investment has an abundant return. I know the plan wasn’t for me to stay that long but with all the powers invested in me I will make sure every day of my freeloading behind will be worth it in the very near future.  

Thank you so very much.

You are on a special list in my life which also includes an even more specially reserved place in my heart.

I don’t care what time or day it is. Just say my name and I’ll be there.

With sincere love

Motown Maurice

My roommate is a private person and I promised to protect her privacy on m blog. Nonetheless, she did agree to allow me to post a picture of her on my blog when my quest is accomplished. I can't wait for that day.


I'm Not Renting Anymore

My blessings may have spoiled me a bit. Or maybe I should say, my blessings have guided me into a position to make stronger choices. I recently made the decision not to pay rent ever again. The last time I paid rent was March 2010 while still in Tampa and that similar blessing carried over in LA. I haven't even paid a utility bill since March 2010. This has nothing to do with luck. I know purpose and my blessings are guiding me.

Let me get something straight. I know I have blessings of the unknown ahead but my choice doesn't mean I plan to freeload from someone else. Absolutely not. From this point on, I'm looking forward to leasing and/or sub-leasing. There is a difference. If I stay with someone in the near future I want to contribute by paying a portion of the lease or so. As for paying rent. I'm done with it. I'm all about leasing now. 

I'm Still here

Earlier this week I spoke to two people from Tampa (William Sanders & Lenard) and they both basically told me the same thing. "Your still there."  From what I've been told most people don't even make it this long. 9 months is a huge accomplishment and I'm not going anywhere.



Life Is a Movie

Life's Like a Movie, Write Your Own Ending...Keep believing. Keep pretending. We've done just what we set out to do. And for the lovers. The dreamers and you. 





I love Kermit and the Muppet's deeply. Two weeks ago, one thing lead to another and lead me to the video above. After some research, I realized there are so many similarities between Kermit's story and my developing story. Read the brief spill from Wikipedia. Pay attention to the words in bold.

The Muppet Movie Released in 1979

As the story opens, Kermit is enjoying a relaxing afternoon in a Florida swamp, singing a tune and strumming his banjo, when he is approached by an agent named Bernie who recognizes his talents and encourages Kermit to pursue a career in Hollywood. Inspired by the idea of "making millions of people happy," Kermit sets off on a cross-country trip to Hollywood,

Kermit meets several Muppet's along the way and they proceed to Hollywood, where they finally meet the imposing producer and studio executive Lew Lord and hires them on the spot under "the standard rich-and-famous contract" after Kermit reveals why they've come. The film ends with Kermit and the gang attempting to make their first movie, which turns out to be a surreal pastiche of their experiences, hinting that the movie they're making is the same one the audience has been watching all along...

Final Thoughts

I feel a change in my life coming soon. I especially felt it while in my acting last night. I don't know why I have to struggle for so long but what I do know is that this my story. Every last aspect of my adventures is my story. I'm going to enjoy it, build upon it and expand prosperously. What I'm doing obviously requires patience. I have no problem being patient.

3-4 days ago my calendar was empty for July. Then in the matter of a phone call on Tuesday &  Wednesday July is now looking promising. Not to mention all the recent videos I've submitted, plus contests and interviews I have pending. What I'm really trying to indicate is I have good things developing and I am very patient. I have no problem being patient.


As the quest continues...


The Future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign