Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Introducing Motown Maurice's Video Monologue Blog Volume # 1

On day 164 my acting teaching Allen Levin recommended that I start my own video blog. I wrote all about his recommendation here: ...Some of The Best Things in Life are FREE.  To make a long story short, after about 13 days I finally got my first Video Monologue Blog up. I didn't want to waste too much time on this. 

I thought about putting it on youtube but I don't believe in putting every video that exist on youtube. The whole world doesn't need to see me practice. Once I prefect these Video Monologue Blogs I'll start putting it on youtube.

This is my critique for my first edition. While doing it, I felt focused and more relaxed then I use to feel when I was doing my shows in Tampa. I also felt more in control and more comfortable. My brain was flowing smoother then usual. When I was done I thought I did a great job. Nonetheless, after watching it I can see and hear that there is much more room for improvement.

The jokes are recycled from current late night talk shows hosts (March 7-11, 2011) and I repeat them for practice. I could write my own stuff as I did when I was in Tampa but I do enough writing as it is with this blog. I have to focus on my camera presence and and delivery.



The plan is to post new video, once a week. 

................................(Approximately 24 hours after making this post, I removed two sentences right here. I have a full explain for the removal those sentences. I will explain in my next post.) 

I can only get better from here on out. I just have to keep on doing it.

As the quest continues

The Future of Late Night


Motown Maurice

2 comments:

  1. The video Blog is off the chain man. Loved it. You are a natural. Amani na Upendo

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job! congrats! keep looking up :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign