Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Intro to Mental Health Issues by Mbeti Hitt

Post Represents: Saturday, August 6, 2011

Previously Related Post: The Bad, The UGLY & The Magic

Despite how bad I was treated by the community housing facility today something magical took place by the end of the night. The source of that magic came from Mr. Mbeti Hitt. Two weeks ago, during my very first night (Life Styles of the Storage & Community Housing) there were two general thoughts flowing through my mind. 

1.  "Will I be used as a vessel to help substance abuse people in the future?"

2. "Am I suppose to teach or send them a message?"

The reason those thoughts flowed through my mind are because I know every aspect of my life as a purpose. Moreover, based on all the great things Mbeti has recently said about me, it's sincerely possible that my short two week stay at the community housing facility had a divine purpose and reason. I've been writing about a very intelligent person since my first night at the community housing facility. Now here is your chance to experience his intellect for yourself.


Motown Maurice interviews Mbeti Hitt on the topic of Mental Health (Part 1)






Mental Health by Mbeti Hitt (Part 2) 



Explanation of the pillow and sheets

On Day 309 Tuesday, July 26, 2011 Mbeti surprised me with a pillow and bed sheets (as seen on pictures through the link). Finally, he acknowledged that he gave them to me and here's his explanation.



Final Words from Mbeti about Motown Maurice &...



My Final Thoughts

Towards the last few days of Mbeti being my roommate he would constantly tell me that its been a privileged and honor for him to meet me. The truth is, I really didn't do much but listen to what the brother had to say. He later told me that we met at a time when he was in a mode of open self expression.

As well as I am going through a transitional point he is also at a pivotal transition point in his life. His transition stems from being isolated/restricted to more engaged and productive.
One of the things that makes Mbeti such a profound person is the fact that he is well aware and acknowledges his issues. In addition to that, he thoroughly researches them. I have never met anybody like that. Within my last few days there, he availed himself to the internet to access information pertaining his mental health.

His research focused on a Objective Personal Mental Health Assessment Review. He also familiarized himself with current psychological data for purposes of comprehension. In his research he found access to acquisition and use of current diagnostic procedures to objectively asses his current and prior mental health status.

Who does that? If your reading please tell me one person you know that takes the initiative with such proficiency.

I am not writing blog post to give myself any credit but he acknowledges me as a "normal, healthy" African American male. The only normal person living in that house he said. By being so, I allowed him to express himself openly and honestly. Therefore, he begin to question the rationality of my views and ideas.

There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it. 



~Edith Wharton

“Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people.”

~ Carl Gustav Jung
There is without a questionable doubt that purpose resonated throughout my interaction with Mbeit.

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle”
~ Robert Alden

Brother Mbeti, the privilege and honor was all mine. Thank you for the opportunity to me you and become apart of your quest as well as you took part in my quest. I look forward to hearing great progress and development from you.

Be blessed and encouraged Mbeti.

 As the quest continues...

The Future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

1 comment:

  1. Pamela Y. Robinson, Esq.August 13, 2011 at 6:48 PM

    Motown a true interviewer in one who can talk with kings, heads of states, the common man/woman, and paupers. You indeed are the ultimate interviewer, and I applaud you for taking the time out to interview someone who most people in sociey would shun. I think it was so commendable for you to take a bad situation, living in community housing, for two weeks and take away something positive from the experience. The take that I get from this interview is that we are all Gods creation whether we are infirm or "perfect" and that we should treat one another with dignity and respect.
    Mental illness does not have a respect of person, race, creed, or nationality at any moment either one of us could be stricken with the illness. As you know I have a very close family member with a mental illness and my prayer is that he's not looked upon or frowned upon because of his illness. Mbeti looks and speaks just like you or I, but when one learns that this articulate, intelligent person has a mental illness he is immediately shun and stigmatized by people who are so called "normal".
    My hope is that mental illness will get the much need attention and funds for research that are needed so that we as a community can come together and assist our fellow man/woman who suffers from this complex illness.
    In closing I would like to say that we should show respect and compassion, and treat our mentally ill brothers and sister like we'd like to be treated if we were in their shoes.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign