Sunday, August 14, 2011

Checks Delayed with a Purpose

Post Reflects: Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Believe it or not but I've been waiting for the checks from extra work with Snoop Dogg back in April and Jerry Springer’s Baggage from early June.  Times are hard and that money is much needed. The inevitable was certain since back then, so with precaution, I gave them my P.O. address in Tampa. My mom is the one handling my mail and she also forwards my receivables when necessary. She recently told me the Snoop Dogg check came in but that needed Baggage check is what I've really been anticipating. She packaged up my mail and sent it to my former roommate’s house for me to pick up. I picked it up today and the Baggage check was present. My mom slightly over looked it.

I received $150 from being an extra on the snoop video and $500.00 for being on Baggage. That Baggage check is my best amount yet in this city. Rarely does it take that long for me to receive my money. In most cases it comes pretty fast or the same day. 

From another perspective, let’s imagine if those checks came in early. I wonder where that money would be now. More than likely I would of gave my former roommate a potion of it. Upon receiving those checks this exactly the amount of money I had in my accounts.

Personal: $19.41

Business: $41.94

There was nothing else to my name. I have nothing else! Not even a saving account. This is all the cash I owned at the moment. I just finished paying my storage and phone bills for the month of August and was left clueless on how I was going to take of Septembers bills. I have no paying projects pending and I just coast like I always do with no deep worries or concerns. I don’t worry about money because I know the universe always makes a way.

5 and 2 months later, these checks finally came in at the best timing ever. Not only will this take care of my bills for September it will also take care of my 2010 personal and business preparation bill. The year is almost over and I still haven’t got it done. I know... terrible. Don’t worry I get an extension because I own a business. It’s due the latest next month. That cost is an easy $350-$400. By the time I take care of take of that bill and my bare minimum storage and phone bills for September, I’m basically back to where I started.

Regardless, I am grateful for the timing of this money. While waiting I was never agitated about the status of the checks because it’s just money. I refuse to give money that much power.  As I've mentioned before, since I incorporated Motown Maurice Productions, Inc in 2004 I've had many several situations like this. Especially since my talk show renaissance began in 2007. In countless predicaments, I had no money and suddenly it just came in.

I don’t know how to fully explain this phenomenon but I do know amazing stories like this happens to everyone who seeks out their personal legend.

On another note: I wish those to checks for was enough for me to purchase a Tablet. I've been eyeing those things for a while now. I really want the Toshiba Thrive Tablet. Oh well... I guess I'm going to have to wait. Whenever I'm near Best Buy I go in just to spend a few minutes playing with it. Soon enough, I'll be able to reward myself with one. For now the anticipation is keeping exiting.

As the quest continues…

The Future of Late Night

Motown Maurice 

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy these posts. Your resilience and resolve are inspiring


    Alice, Spring Hill

    ReplyDelete

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign