Sunday, August 12, 2012

Restroom Famous before an audition

Post Represents: Friday, August 10, 2012

There is a video below that wasn't planned or staged. I thought it would be cool to record myself getting and ready for my audition and....Well check out the video for yourself.   



Fuse Network Promo - NON UNION
Audition Time: 4:45:00 PM
Role Name: Guy Dancing On Table
Run/Usage: Fuse Network
Description: Males legally 18 years old. Various ethnicities and body types. He should be interesting looking and look like "Character"....not just a good looking guy. He is NOT the cool guy or part of the "in crowd", but more of the misfit type....Offbeat. He is the type of guy who stays on the internet all day long watching videos on You Tube. He is dancing on a table in the dining room while a party is going on. He reaches his hand out to a girl who proceeds to climb up and dance with him. They invite more and more people on the table to dance with them on the table.

Wardrobe: NICE CASUAL. SOMETHING YOU WOULD WEAR TO A HOUSE PARTY.

YOU MUST BE LEGALLY 18 YEARS OLD. THINK MORE CHARACTER WITH WARDROBE AND PERFORMANCE...THESE ARE NOT THE "BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE" OR "IN CROWD" POPULAR PEOPLE. THEY ARE MORE THE MISFITS OR CHARACTERY PEOPLE.

Casting Director: Phelps and Szeliga Casting


Motown Maurice is Urkel-ing up for his audition
Video Here:



Motown Maurice and Phillip K. I met and worked with Phillip on the
Snoop and Wiz video shoot last year.
Final Thoughts 


Similar occurrences like the one in the restroom happens often but since this can't be planned the camera is normally not rolling. Getting recognized by someone when the camera is rolling takes a bit of luck. I did get lucky last June when I was on the train. 


In relation to the audition, I actually got a call about it around 9pm later the same night. They called to tell me I'm on the "avail" list. I building excitement until I heard the word "avail." I've been on the "avail" list many times before and I never got it in the end. The "avail" have always meant one of two things to my knowledge. 

1. They have selected who they want and if one drops and then I'm up next. 

2. They selected me but they don't want to confirm with me as of yet. 

The casting person told me that he made a choice  but he's still going to send my audition video to the producers. Obviously, if the producers liked me then the end result will be better than the past.    The only thing that made this "avail" different is the fact the casting director gave me his home and cell numbers. He was adamant about me calling if another project wants me for the same date.  


We'll see what happens. 


As the quest continues...

The Future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

Update: 8/14/2012

At 8:53pm I received this message.


Hello,

This project has been booked and all avails can be released. Everyone was great and the decisions were difficult to make.

I hate the the avail list. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr


As the quest continue...

The Future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign