Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Week 40: Through The Wire!!!

Last week, (Week 39) was grand. I had a bunch of auditions and I had fun at the same time. I had at least 5 auditions last week and I'm proud to say I booked one. I booked an internet barbershop commercial with Pro Keds. Since I booked it, I've referred to it as something small probably because it doesn't pay much and it won't air on TV. In reality, I shouldn't size it. I booked and that should be celebrated. Overall, the booking was good. The pay was only $100.00 but I practically did nothing but sit in a chair for a few hours. No more then 4 hours.

This week didn't have momentum comparable to last week, but that's the roller coaster of Hollywood. This week I had 2 in person auditions and 2 video submissions. Wow! I didn't realize I had that many until now. I guess I never really count the video auditions.

The slowness of this week affected my energy at times but by now I know exactly how to solve that short random occurrence. I simply grab a smoothie or a bite to eat at a restaurant then I'm back on my grind.

I'm glad I have learned important methods towards maintaining my powers and strengths because
I'm "Through The Wire" from this point on. This week was my last complete week of my blessed 9 plus month living arrangements. Regardless, of the projects I have pending a head, my life is going to significantly change in the matter of days. Week 38 is titled, "I'm Ready for Change." and week 39 is titled, "It's Time to Break The Cycle". I'm about to get what I asked for.

Day 273 Sunday, June 19, 2011

* While still in bed around 12:30pm, I got a text to audition as a host of a movie review show on Youtube. The time frame was from 1:30pm-3:30pm the same day. I had very little time to get myself together but I did. I also had to quickly put together a movie review and I choose a movie I haven't even scene. While at Sizzler yesterday I read a review on my phone about Mr. Popper's Penguins and it paid off. I think I did great considering I wrote most of it on the train ride there. I didn't get a call back but I'm okay with that. 

* Even thought I was just at Sizzler yesterday, I had a craving for that open salad bar again. I celebrated a good audition by treating myself to Sizzler again and I liked it. 

Motown Maurice enjoys Sizzler again.
















* I partly watched the movie Yogi Bear from Redbox.
Day 274 Monday, June 20, 2011

* Took Pictures at the Monday's Lifebook Acting. See pictures here.

* Did some brief scene work with one of my classmates Sylvester.

* My energy was low so I tried I different brand of smoothie at Jamba Juice. I think I like Robeks better. I also used my Dodger Baseball ticket from last week to purchase a large box of Pizza Hut and got the other one free. They took a while with my order so I threw in some bread and soda. I had 2 large pizza to eat for the rest of the week.

* I took a chance and played some lottery. I won 3 dollars at first and lost afterward. 

* Received a notice for a project related to 80's looks (tomorrow).

Day 275 Tuesday, June 21, 2011

* Welcome to the First Day of Summer: 

* In my audition today they were looking for 80's type guys with a boom box and cool hair that could  be a dancer. I'm not dancer but I tried it anyway. The actual dancing wasn't too bad. It didn't require as much movement as I thought. Nevertheless, as I was leaving there was a young man waiting to audition who had a high top fade. Honestly, his hair looked taller and was shaped a bit better then mind. While I was in the audition this lady complimented my hair then here comes this guy right behind me. I haven't heard back from the project but it shoots later in the summer. Who knows! 

Motown Maurice looking old school for the audition.

























* Read Post: Baggage Clip Exclusive

  Day 276 Wednesday, June 22, 2011

* Hustle & Shuffle interview with: Joey-O 

One of the things that inspired me to interview him was the honorable shot out he gave me in his Youtube documentary.  Its called: The History of Joey-O (in the making) Looking for me at the 10:03min mark.

* A audition notice for a handyman reality show was sent to me an usual 3 times and I figured I would put something together real quick. It got rejected a few days later because it was 1 second over the limit. I ended up upload again the following week.

Read Post: Craftsman Screw'd Reality Show Audition Submission 

* I got a hair cut  & went to Wal-Mart/Sallys beauty supply. The electric shaver I got from Wal-Mart previously wasn't doing the job. I had to pick up a very expensive pair from Sally's. While at Wal-Mart a guy named Daniel remembered me from the TSAG potluck on Day 230 Saturday, May 7, 2011. Later at the bus stop he noticed me and I got a free ride. That's one of those situations where its good to have a memorable look.

Day 277 Thursday, June 23, 2011



* I received communication from the Japanese Style Game Show I've been pending for. They needed my helmet size. Still no final word yet. Last time I heard from them was on June 16th. They asked for clothes sizes. They last time I recorded correspondence on my blog was on June 10th. Today's email gave me the impression that everyone is an alternate until the day of but I could be very wrong.

* Attended Lifebook Acting Class. See more pictures here.

Motown Maurice acts drunk in an improv scene. 
















* Left for a weekend trip to Los Vegas with a few friends from class. On the way there we made a stop at In-N-Out Burger. It was my first one and my first burger in a very long time. I enjoyed it.

Kelly and Motown Maurice at In-N-Out Burger














Motown Maurice is in love with this burger


















 Day 278 Friday, June 24, 2011


* Read Post: What Happens In Vegas...  

Day 279 Saturday, June 25, 2011


Final Thoughts

Although this week was slow at times it was productive. I could do without any slow moments but I know its only temporary. For a period of time I looking forward to the Los Vegas trip and having  extensive fun. I had fun a some moments but I'm just really not a party person. At least I'm not a party person yet. The Vegas trip also helped me realized how socially disconnected I am with women right now. Besides how boring I am, The MT experience was great. I don't want to blow the review of my Vegas Trip. That post is delayed but I will make sure its up soon. 

With all the challenges ahead I would like to close by quoting the words of  Kanye West from his song "Through The Wire".

But I'm a champion, so I turned tragedy to triumph


Make music that's fire, spit my soul through the wire.




As the quest continues...

The Future of Late Night 

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign