Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Improv Olympics

Post Represents: Thursday, September 15, 2011


No one can question the passion of my acting instructor Allen Levin. For a couple extended hours after today's class, a few of us stayed overtime for a powerhouse of improvisation sessions. I really enjoyed these. Most importantly I'm improving.





Its not what  you think. He was mad and I was trying to hold him down. lol








Final Thoughts

Early in the class I did an improv and although the class laughed I improv-ed a weak character. Within the next 3 improv's at the end of class, I focused on listening and not trying to be funny. It made a big difference. My classmate Adam even told me he noticed something different and that I was listening more.

In most cases when I'm funny I barely try. Acting class however it mostly about being real, believable and natural. I would guess that most students in class are seeking dramatic roles. From this point on, I'm going to make stronger effort to build my dramatic acting abilities. Then learn how to mix it with my other abilities.

As the quest continues...

The Future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign