I went on a series of exhausting all of these feeling/desires and I got exactly what I asked for. This week has been overwhelming in a great and needed way. I think I had the most auditions this week since I've arrived.
My responses from the auditions are even getting better. That means a few things. I'm becoming more confident at the auditions, I'm doing better with the cold reads and I'm making better impressions. All I have to do now is learn how to book one of these auditions.
Based on these responses I'm obviously doing well but you never really know what they are looking for. Or how much better the other guy was. Either way, all I can do is move forward and continue to do my best.
In most cases if you don't get a call back with in 24-48hrs, you might as well hang it up. There is always a chance someone they picked ends up not doing it and they could call me but that doesn't happen very often.
For the sake of keeping this blog short, I won't even get into details about each audition. The more I write probably means I didn't get it. If I put clueless letters for an audition or interview that means good for now from my point of view.
* My agents audition was for a commercial that was looking for people with a 70's look. My look ain't actually 70's so you know the results.
* Audition notice for a music video called "No Tomorrow" for Friday.
* Notice for (SS) interview on Thursday.
* Got my hair trimmed up. I also added some cool parts on the side.
* On the way to the Chris Brown music video shoot I had a Pursuit of Happyness Moment. When I got off the train I had to take a bus but I wasn't sure which direction. I jumped on the wrong bus and the bus driver left me off at the next stop. As I was approaching my staring point, I noticed my bus coming. Immediately I jolted into full speed with my bag in both hands to catch that bus. When I was about 10 steps away from the bus I might of slowed down a bit because I just new the bus driver saw me. There was even one lady still getting on. The moment I walked in front of the bus he closed the door in my face. I couldn't believe it. I banged on the door multiple times, he even looked at me but still drove off. I'm not the type of person to get pissed but at that moment I was livid.
Shortly after I confirmed the music video I came up with a cool idea. March of 2010, Lil Wayne, T-Pain and Ne-Yo's moms were all guests on my show. I figured it would be cool to give Lil Wayne a few pictures of his mom just to be nice. I had no other intentions. I was near certain his mom told him about me and The Motown Maurice Show experience. At the time he was in jail and his mom said she really enjoyed the show. Their was a good chance he new something.
Moreover, he didn't arrive for the shoot until the last quarter of the day. Note, the shoot lasted from 12pm -11pm. I contemplated the right time to approach him and that opportunity came towards the end. The last scene was shot outside and him, Busta & Chris Brown was on top of a fire truck.
|Chris Brown, Busta Rhymes & Lil Wayne|
When his scene was over, I approached him, gave him 6 pictures that included his mom and of course my flier was inserted in there. I also told him to tell his mom I said hi and that she the other moms had a great time. We shook hands and I said, "If you need anymore pictures you can give me a call my flier is in there. I'm sure we'll meet again." He didn't really respond much with words but he smiled.
Sorry I didn't have my camera with me at that moment to take a photo with him but below is a picture of me and his mom at my show in March. Its one of the pictures I gave him.
|Ne-Yo's mom, Motown Maurice, T-Pain's mom & Lil Wayne's mom (Jacida Carter)|
Click here for a behind the scenes of Chris Brown's new video Look At Me Now!!!
They coolest part of the day was when I stepped in the trailer to get paid and I didn't have to show my ID. The two young ladies new who I was, asked if I saw myself in the last video and one even said she read my blog. How cool is that?
* Audition notice (Dooty Brother) tomorrow.
* Audition notice for sketch comedy show on Friday.
(SS translation 2/15/12: Survivalist Show)
When I finally found out what it was about I couldn't believe it. The name of the event is called The Black Knight Returns, "Nigga Nite 6." They wanted people to come to this even and act like "Nigga's" I don't even want to the details. Its really... You can look up up if you want. I called the next day and told them I couldn't do it. However, I do regret allowing myself to continue with the audition. On camera why asked me questions like, "Describe a Nigga to you?" What do you think a Nigga acts like?" At the end they even asked me to say "Awww, Nigga!!!" I just hate that I went along with it. I never even use that word.
* Performed in my 3rd Vampire Masquerade Show. The crowded seemed to have loved me. I could hear them every time I went on stage. After the show, a few people in the previous cast told me I'm the best "Dog Boy" they've seen in a long time. I guess that's something to be proud of. No one asked or autographs or to take a picture with me but a few people shook my hand.
Check out the latest promotion for the show: 6 More Shows of The Vampire Masquerade Featuring...
* I also had an opportunity to audition for a show the HBO show called "Entourage" but I wouldn't of made it in time. As you can see my day was really busy. I had to let that one go.
* After a week full of excitement, dullness finally took over today. I would of went to the movies again but money is gone. I went to the post office and made it a Redbox night. I watched Salt. I saw it before but I wanted to see it again.
* I also wrote this post: The Just Enough Money Miracle on 34th St
WOE IS ME: I'm getting the auditions and interviews. I just need to officially confirm and book something now. At the least two of them from this week. WOE IS ME WOE IS ME WOE IS ME WOE IS ME WOE IS ME WOE IS ME
As the Quest Continues
The Future of Late Night