Thursday, March 20, 2014

Week 182: What Goes Up Must Come Down to Basketball

Weekly Written Review 

After a week of booking and auditioning immortality, my invincibility powers were finally taken away from me. This is the week when all the high died down. The week when I became not so attractive. The week when I became no longer wanted. No body wants to get use to this. I tried to control it but sometimes you lose control. One moment your hot and another moment your not. I been here before plenty of times. Its the transition part I hate. Nonetheless, I figured my out antidote (See final thoughts).

Sunday, March 9, 2014

* Zip Lining shoot

Backyard Zip Lining. Motown Maurice and Santa/J. Claus. This was a weird but fun shoot. 
* Straight Outta Compton audition/NWA open casting call. Lets get real. I had no business coming to this casting call. In my mind I thought I could play a young Dr. Dre. I flattened my hair. I brought a little swag but they certainly didn't think so. After hours upon hours of waiting in line. One person looked at me and circled an N on my paper. Which means either: I look like none of them or NO. I should of invested my time doing something else but oh well. I had my X-Factor opening call experience and now I have my feature film open call experience. No more. I've already got an agent. I shouldn't have to do this.

Straight Outta Compton feature film open casting call.
Motown Maurice aka Dr. Dre. Kevin Cardenas aka Ice Cube. On line at the Straight Outta Compton
open casting call. NWA. 
Straight Outta Compton feature film open casting call.

Monday, March 10, 2014

* Dull Monday

* Fitting for the Live Health Online shoot

* Mosaic Comedy improv level 301 with Michael

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

* Dull start to a day

* QWF stuff/phone calls

* Mosaic Comedy improv level 301 with Nathan

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

* Low energy day. Internet down again

* Woke up and went back to sleep. Then woke up at 3:15pm

* Played a necessary game of basketball. Lost a game of 21 but my team stayed undefeated

Thursday, March 13, 2014

* Live Health Online shoot

Collage students don't know how to take care of themselves. Live Health Online shoot. 
* Pre-Festival Mixer. Fully successful


* See photos here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.777615738930143.1073741853.577545992270453&type=3

Friday, March 14, 2014

* DOS Rehearsal/Show

* Audition notice for Monday

* Mosaic Comedy show. (I got a girls number. Yeahhh!)

* Later in the night I started an Okay Cupid account but I'm mostly likely going to close it soon. That stuff isn't for me.

Saturday, March 15, 2014

* Quarterly Wrap Festival promo video shoot witih Jaseena Ali

Mo-Diddy aka Motown Maurice & MC Seena aka Jaseena Alio are Wrappers. 
* Promo # 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo1s4aBsdPQ

* Audition: Role - 17 year-old basketball player for Lily spec commercial.

Final Thoughts

One would think I would be excited about a shoot I booked this week. Nope. The shoot isn't exciting because its not challenging enough for me. I never imagined I would be thinking this but I prefer the audition. The audition is where the challenge is. Nothing about the shoot excites me. I had no lines and I did exactly what they told me to do. The pay will keep me afloat for two months or less but that's it. It doesn't motivate me. I'm sure future bookings will challenge me but not as of yet. I now prefer the audition. I've realized if they called me in, I have a undisclosed possibility of earning the role. I love the challenge of figuring it out and I currently desire it all the time.

Then came basketball. For a while now I've been playing at least once a week on the weekends. That's been a very healthy edition to my schedule but who says I only have to play once a week. I was ill spirited most of this week the only solution I could think of was basketball and it gave me the fix I needed. It doesn't matter where I get the challenge from. It could be in the audition or on the basketball court, I'm going to get my challenge fix. .

As the quest continues...

The Future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign