Auditions have certainly been slow all of January, through February until this week. This last rainy week of February 2014 was different. The week ended with lots of rain and with the rain came showers of auditions and notices.
Sunday, February 23, 2014
Music video with with the Childish Gambino aka Donald Glover. Hopefully, I'll be seen in this one.
Monday, February 24, 2014
* Special Delivery rehearsal.
* Mayme A. Clayton phone call of great news. :-)
Tuesday, February 25, 2014
* Mosaic Comedy Two Buck Butler Show
|Matt Tate's level 201 class performs at the Two Buck Butler.|
|Motown & Jordan|
* Agent audition for an Arsenio type of Comedy Bang Bang. I had that in the bucket.
* The second audition was less of an audition but I went in and took a photo for Tattoos Nightmares and got a booking text.
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
* Comedy bang bang booking notice.
* Last min hair cut. My main barber wasn't available. grrrrrr
* Improv at Michael's
Thursday, February 27, 2014
* Rained last night and I woke up sickish. After my shoot and audition I stayed in bed until the next day. I woke up better.
* Comedy Bang Bang shoot Reggie Watts. Reggie was super cool, he asked me general questions about myself most big named Hollywood types wouldn't ask. Later he asked to took a photo of me. I had no clue of his intentions with the photo. Not to long afterwards, my friend Trent Bruce called and texted, "Dude Reggie Watts just posted a picture of you on Instagram." How awesome is that? I probably would of never known I was on instagram if it wasn't for Trent. Before we departed from each other Reggie said, "Maybe I'll be on your show one day."
|Reggie Watts & Motown Maurice|
* Internet was lost and came back. It was gone again by the next day.
Friday, February 28, 2014
* Agent sent audition: Model17-Top10 British RocknRoll Hall of Fame Icon
* New DOS improv schedule. 5pm rehearsal and 7pm show time.
* Special Delivery Monkey Butler debut.
|Special Delivery premiere|
|Special Delivery makes its debut.|
* Activated my Casting About account.
Saturday, March 1, 2014
* Rainy day. Might as well mail out to 34 different casting directors, wash clothes and of course blog.
|34 castings won't know what hit them.|
|34 stamps sure hit my pockets.|
|Ain't no stopping me now. 34 ways to plant a seed.|
People respect Seth Myers. I can't be a hater. The premiere of his show about what I expected, or less. No innovation. No experiment. Its SNL 5 nights a week. Same thing goes for Arsenio as far as respect. People love him. People love them both. Congratulations to everyone in late night. They're there for a reason and I'm not there yet for a reason. Jay Leno surprised Arsenio with a visit and a season 2 renewal letter this week. Things are looking up for everyone. Seth Myers started strong with good ratings and my auditions are starting to pick up, so are my bookings. Its raining in Los Angeles California. That's got to mean something right? More bookings are on the horizon!!! Thank you February but March is here we have taken over your momentum.
As the quest continues...
The Future of Late Night