Sunday, March 23, 2014

Week 183: Quake It Up Baby Now

Weekly Written Review

I'm proud to say I experienced my first earth quake this week. I've been in Cali for over 3 1/2 years and this was my first experience. At least it was the first one that I actually felt one. I was sleeping, the shake woke me up. My first reaction was to spread my arms and pause. After a few seconds of being in a flying position, I went back to sleep. The only thing I could think about was my computer stuff. Yet the shake wasn't enough to even get me out of the bed. I wasn't even sure it was a real quake until I read about it on Facebook and confirmed with one of my housemates.

Sunday, March 16, 2014

* For the second time I played basketball with no food in my system. I brought some crackers with me thinking I can snack on a few while I play and that didn't work. Last time I do that. It was a terrible lost.

*  The G Blok meeting. Its the best meeting yet. Green light. Fall 2014.

The G Blok coming to a television near you fall 2014. 
Monday, March 17, 2014

* Early hours in the morning I experienced my first earth quake. It was a registered a 4.4.

* Audition for Jacks Links (Agent Sent).

* Mosaic Improv level 301 with Michael. Lets just say I'm not doing my best improv right now. That tends to happen when I have a lot on my mind.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

* Internet issues. Made a Boba Cafe run.

* QWF email.

* I called a girl today and the conversation went well. Its the girl number from last Friday.

* Special Delivery rehearsal.

* Mosaic comedy improv level 301 with Nathan.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

* I caved in. I can't rely on the magical internet signal anymore. I paid my house mate $10.00 to use his internet for the month. It's still practically free.

* Xbox Kinect body movement audition. I got a good reaction. Kind of thought I probably booked it but no call back.

* Played basketball and lost.

* Called the girl for the second time and had an amazing conversation. We laughed and even argued  little bit. I thought the conversation was a success.

* Improv at Micheal's house.

Imiprov at Michael J. Sielaff's house. 
Chilling with my home Gromit the Rabbit. 
Thursday, March 20, 2014

* Played ball again (2-2). Note to self. No more back to back days of playing basketball.

* Called a girl and left a message. No call back.

* Audition notice.

Friday, March 21, 2014

* Vitamin Water audition (Agent sent). I thought I did pretty well. This audition was all about the laugh. I auditioned with two other people and as we were leaving one person told me, "You have an amazing laugh." Who knows if I'll get it or not but I know I gave my best laugh. I've been smiling ever since.

* Random phone call from a guy who saw my late night show on Youtube, found my number online and called for advice. Advice on how to be the next Johnny Carson. I advised him the best that I could. I gave him the truth and the truth ain't what most people want to hear. I gave him a bit a courage for calling me but his fears are evident. More power to him.

* Casting director mail out part 2. I recall a surge of auditions following part 1. There probably wasn't a connection but lets keep the strategy moving.


In my hand I hold a message for the gate keepers. Gate keepers let me in.  
* Sent in a silly audition video for an Open Your Eyes music video. It was inspired by my Vitamin Water audition aka Kevin Hart.


* The girl I've been calling at least text-ed me back today. My attempt to take her to the movies in the  morning failed. Game over.

* DOS show at Neon Venus.

Saturday, March 22, 2014

* Basketball in the gym. I even wrote my good Nikes. Did well in my 3 on 3 games, 2-1. But I can't say the same for full court. We were 1-3. Terrible.

Final Thoughts

I woke up on Wednesday and said enough is enough with this inconsistent internet. I was holding out from paying my housemate $10.00 a month because I wasn't fond of how he cut off his free internet access without a heads up. Nonetheless, I gave in. I have to often remind myself, humans don't communicate. His offer is still a great blessing and he's been great a blessing. My life became more convenient the day he and his mom moved in (June 2013). Before even knowing my name the offered me a printer that changed everything for me. Now I have consistent and reliable internet. My metro hot spot sucked and the magical internet signal wasn't always magical. Now I come home with no internet worries. Thanks David.

As the quest continues...

The Future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign