For a moment I saw myself going through the same process I went through in Tampa. 30 days in L.A and I was already set to accomplish what took over 6 years to do in Tampa (With the intentions of doing it better of course). I corned myself to take on the industry on my own as if it was my only option.
I was watching a television show called The Game and one of the actors made a profound statement that resonated through my thoughts. One actor was having marriage problems and his father or father in-law said this, "If you love her let her go and if you returns and you still love her give her an STD test and if she comes back clean take her back."
You may be wondering how does this apply to my quest. Partly using the same context, I have to let most of my effort to become a late night talk show host go. My quest is merely a seed that will grow when the time right. My quest is a well planted seed that can't rushed into growing. Somethings you have to let go and just be ready when its time to bare fruit.
|Motown Maurice's Future|
Don't worry, the quest will continue, my focus is the same but its slightly titled. Nonetheless, I said many times before and I'll say it again, "Everything Always Comes Around Full Circle."
* Late Sunday night leading into the beginning of Monday morning, the same phone conversation with Raymond Sweet that gave me the rude awaken on my lucky number (See Part 1) also inspired me to consider writing a book this year. I know I'm going to write a few books in my life time but we'll see what happens this year. If I write a book it will automatically make me an expert at something. Hmmmmm.
* I want to Car Max to get a quote on my truck and they offered me only $6,000.00. I owe over $9,500.00 on the truck. My bank would except it and I started leaning towards allowing the car to be repossessed.
* Noting to report
Day 101 = Wednesday, December 29, 2010
* I played some basketball and visited some old friends.
Day 102 = Thursday, December 30, 2010
* I treated my sponsor for life Attorney Pamela Y. Robinson and her daughter to lunch.
* I also received a text and a phone call about Code Blue. (Code Blue will be revealed in time, if necessary) However, it was for the following Monday and my flight was the same day which means I would miss the great opportunity. In my heart I felt I would get another chance if the opportunity was truly for me.
* Saw The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of The Dawn Treader...* Brought in the new year with my mom at Without Walls Church.
|Motown Maurice gives his last $5.00 in his wallet as a church offering to bring in the new year.|
Related Post: New Years at Church
|Motown Maurice & his barber signature barber in Tampa, Jay D.|
* I proud to say I gave my barber Jay D a $20.00 dollar tip. An honorable total of $35.00. After my tragic hair cut on day 19.
*I was contacted through text and phone by two people who said the same me in the background of a Comedy Central commercial. See day 78 for details.
* Since I've arrived in L.A., the city has experienced its hottest day in history and during the last few weeks of December its has seen the most rain in over 5 or 6 years. I'm sure I have something to do with it. L.A., probably hasn't felt this much energy from one person in years and don't know how to handle it yet. 2011 better watch out. Motown Maurice is returning with an even more defined purpose.
As the quest continues...
The Future of Late Night