|Motown Maurice and a guy who apparently wasn't having a good day.|
|Motown Maurice at The Show Biz Expo 2010|
* Irving is a call guy I met on day 16. He's also the same guy that prayed for me on day 38. He was inspired by me and what I'm doing and asked for an interview. He even called me later in the week sharing such get compliments and told me to tell my mom that she did a great job with me. Below is the brief interview he did with me. I'm sorry I look so cheesy. Irving is one of the people that have been making me feel like a star since I've been here. Thanks Irving.
Well...the train finally caught up with me. I was initially taking the bus to get to The Show Biz Expo until my friend told me I could take a train. A different train in which I only took once before. Moments after I sat on The Blue Line an officer arrived on the train and said, "Everybody please take out your ticket." Just great, I tried a new route and this is what I get. Have no fear, I was gracefully prepared for this type of situation
I pulled out my Florida's drivers license and played dumb. I was like, "I thought since I was from out of town I can ride for free." She said, I can't, held my license and told me to purchase a ticket. When I came back with my ticket she told me next time she's going to write me a ticket. That ticket she's talking about is a $250.00 ticket.
Later that night, I rode two trains on the way back but I only purchased one ticket. I got off one stop too early but it was still a familiar stop not far from home. Believe it or not they were checking again. The officer pulled myself and 3 others to the side. He had no intentions to give us a ticket but instead he was trying to educate us on the right way to ride. This one dude was trying to give an full explanation but the officer wasn't even trying to hear a story. Some people just like to talk so much. Why talk when the officer wants to do all the talking. The officer spoke for a few and let us go.
That same dude told me he knew exactly how the ticket system works but he was just doing his thing. We then both agreed they need to do a better job with the paying system. They need a system more like the one in N.Y. The irony is, the day before I got for my first real paying gig. I believe its the universe saying I don't have to do that anymore. Indeed, I will and I have started doing better.
I did a few things they asked me to do and that was it. The exact the next day I got a call back stating I was booked. The lady actually told me my hair pick is what got her. So today is where it all went down. I was basically a background extra for Tosh.o commercial. I did nothing but pretend I was playing a bass guitar in the background. I was just one of the three black guys in the scene. When I say we were just black guys I meant that literally. That's how they had us written in the script, as "Black Guys." No speaking parts for me yet but this was my first real booking that came through my agent. Before I left, I discretely posted one of my fliers on a board near the break room. I wonder if its still there.
I've been around long enough to notice the red flags. I saw a few and my biggest read flag was present. I told him let me think it over and I'll give him a call the next day. I did call and said, "No thank you."
* I was so hot this week that I was reciving love from my bay area family. Former guest of The Motown Maurice Show and inventor of the Go Pillow Tangela Walker-Craft called me to expose me to a on air television opportunity. Since we met, anytime she gets words about an opportunity she send it my way. Much love. Thank you very much Tangela.
* I received a call about The Big 2. (Stay posted)
* Agent informed me about another audition on Monday.
* Purchased some KFC and intensely started working on my demos for The Big 1 & 3
* Reschedule appointment for manager
I should of completed this blog already. Since I'm completing this blog so late in week 13, my thoughts are conflicting. If I would of completed it earlier I would of probably had a happier ending. Now, I'm some what numb. It was actually hard for me to finish this blog for about 3 reasons. 1 is because I was worn out from all the editing and creative work. 2 is that I was tired of writing about small stuff. 3 I'm probably suffering from withdrawal from the last two weeks.
That's the entertainment business for you.
As the quest continues...
The Future of Late Night