After much success and disappointment from hosting live talk shows in his hometown Tampa, FL, this seeker relocated to L.A. on September 19, 2010 to begin an epic journey that does not consist of a plan B. Virtually unknown in the entertainment industry, this brave man is in pursuit of one goal & purpose; to become a nationally syndicated late night talk show host. This is the quest of Motown Maurice. Remember his name, because he is "The Future of Late Night."
Week 14: Humbling, Relaxing, Peaceful and of Course Tasteful
As the stretch of the holidays began to approach, I was forced with a head to head battle with my arch-nemesis this week. My deepest and darkest fear that dreaded foe, the one and only fearsome state of “Non-Productivity!!! (Arrrrrrwww ) Don’t you hear the screeching sounds of horror? Week 10 was my last encounter and I felt defeated. This time I hailed victorious not because I found a way to be productive by my standards... I was victorious because I was at ease nor was I bothered by it.
The outcome of this week is “More Than Meets The Eye.” You won’t read any significant amazing stories this week however, I will explain what this week means pretending to my future.
As you should know by now, I have been in the process of prophesying the next 5years of my life. Which means this week represents 2014. 2014 will be the year of ease, comfort and reward. I will be very established and well grounded. Great things will happen and I will be surprised very little by it. My life will reach the placement of automatic success.
This will be the first life cycle that I’m comfortable with and I will maintain it temporarily until I’m ready to break the cycle again (Which probably won't be too long). Connections, phone calls and amazing opportunities will come in my direction that I’m not even expecting. I’m going to reach a level of greatness and be filled with an abundance of peace, reward and blessing. Of course, I will share all my blessings with the world, in effort of making the earth a better place.
If you have been watching the news, it has been raining like crazy in Southern California over the past week. Some places were even devastated with mudslides. I live in the Down Town/Korea Town area on flat land so I wasn’t affected by any disastrous conditions. Nevertheless, this is the most rain Southern California has experienced in over 5/6 years. The immediate night before I left for Tampa it stopped raining and suddenly everyone is southern CA felt peace upon their shoulders.
I’ve recorded many weddings in my day and every time it rained on someone ones wedding day, it was recognized as a blessing. 2014 will be a year of many great unexpected blessings. As unexpected as the rain L.A experienced this week. There is a great chance I might even begin planning for or expecting my first child during 2014. Lord help me! Please help me!!
Day 91 = Sunday, December 19, 2010
* Nothing significant to report.
* Blog writing day
Day 92 = Monday, December 20, 2010
* Nothing significant to report.
Day 93 = Tuesday, December 21, 2010
* Nothing to report but I did spend some time on Facebook.
Day 94 = Wednesday, December 22, 2010
* I was happy to receive a phone call from The Big 2. They asked me 2 simple questions and then I asked them if I'm still in the running. They confirmed with a hearty "yes."
* Went to Staples in the rain. No umbrella necessary for me. It was alot of rain but not as much as Florida's rain. Thus, it was the most rain I've rain seen in L.A in one setting.
* Caught a movie with a friend. (Little Fockers) The movie was so so. I didn't think it was really funny. I don't think my friend thought so either. After seeing that movie I realized for the first time, I don't think I like most comedy movies very much.
* A DVD of a church project I appeared in came in the mail. I'll post it soon.
Day 95 = Thursday, December 23, 2010
* Departed for Tampa. I had a transfering flight to N.Y then Tampa. It took me almost a total of 12 hours to get to Tampa but it goes by very fast when you enjoy reading.
Day 96 = Friday, December 24, 2010
* First full day back in Tampa.
* Ran some errands
* I had a random loud fusing situation with my mom. I know right. Already. To a degree I was mostly wrong but there is always a but factor. lol. I still owe my mom an apology and it will come. I just hope she also listens to my exchange of advice for a change. The great thing about our relationship is that we never stay mad at each other. By the next day, its like nothing ever happened.
* Played my Nintendo Wii and will continue to play it throughout the week. I'm really enjoying it.
* Spent some more time reading also.
* One of my major objectives while in Tampa is to dump all my footage from all my previous shows like Wide aWoke Wednesday's onto an external hard drive. It has been a humbling experience to look back at all the support I've received over the years.
Day 97 = Saturday, December 25, 2010 (Christmas Day)