Monday, July 30, 2018

Week 409: Crazy Risk, Crazy Favor

Weekly Written Review 

Early Thursday morning I got a phone call about a music video booking the next day, Friday. I was half asleep and I agreed. I was like yeah of course. It's for a highschooler background work but it's work in front of the camera. I like to work in front of cameras. Later in the afternoon, I got a phone call about a John Legend music video on the same day. My instincts immediately said yes. This immediately caused a potential conflict but it's a risk I had to take. 1. Blok M casting called. Michael has been looking out for a brother. Blok M casting put me on with This is America. 2. John Legend is a bigger name. 3. I will be featured as opposed to being in the background. After I said, yes, I knew I would make the John Legend video a priority. However, that didn't stop me from contemplating how I'm going to pull off both gigs on Friday. Later in the day with my Bike Boys crew, I got both call sheets. I read John Legends video call time at 9am and the high school music video at 12pm. That was going to be tough to pull off. I got home and decided to print all the call sheets and make a plan. When I looked closely at the John Legend music video call sheet I had to do a triple take then do a double triple take. I  misread the call time. John Legends music video call time for me was actually 9pm, not 9am. I didn't believe it. I've never had a call time so late. I was in shock but elated that I could pull off both. My first shoot was 12pm to 8pm. We actually got out just after 8:30pm. Then at wrap, I called an Uber and got to John Legend's shoot on time. Crazy favor all over my abundantly blessed journey. In hindsight, it truly wasn't worth doing the non-union background video in the first place but that's something I'll address in my next post.

Sunday, July 15, 2018

* MaTown Bday

* D.R.A.M audition

* Walked to Regal theatre to watch Uncle Drew. I enjoyed the experience.

* IMDB overload. I didn't know until today people companies list music video on the site. I surely added myself to a bunch. 


Monday, July 16, 2018

* Tennis

* Blogging...


Tuesday, July 17, 2018

* Basketball

* Audition video sent


Wednesday, July 18, 2018

* Chiropractor visit

* Actors support group


Thursday, July 19, 2018

* Cheese It audition. The coolest part about this is that the casting director mentioned that she saw me in This Is America but no callback from the audition :-(

* Audition video sent and help from Sim

* Bike Boys Santa Monica beach edition

* Potential double booking notices...


Friday, July 20, 2018

* Music video shoot # 1

* Music video shoot # 2 with John Legend


Saturday, July 21, 2018

* BlueLA rental pick up

* Airport drop off part 2 of my landladies temporary tenant

* Following the dropoff, I made a few runs at Ralphs and Trader Joe's (water and Saltine Crackers).

* Candy Lowe project video editing


As the quest continues...

The future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign