Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Week 145: I Have Nobody To Blame But Myself

Weekly Video Review Here:
"See my final thoughts below..."

Sunday, June 23, 2013

* QWF Stuff

* Hamburger Funk rehearsal with Kevin

* QWF logo development

Monday, June 24, 2013

* EBT Card Replacement

* Monkey Butler improv class (It was great. I am an impact...great feedback)

* Logo creation...

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The release of Duck Sauce's new song "Its You"



Related: Duck Sauce - "Its You" Straight off the press

* Not feeling too well.

* Guinness book of world record official ok.

* QWF Logo completed and finalized.
The Quarterly Wrap Festival's official logo completed today. Yeah!!!

Wednesday, June 26, 2013


http://www.rollingstone.com/music/videos/kaskade-runs-wild-in-the-atmosphere-premiere-20130626

* Went downtown LA and did some some swap meet shopping. I picked up my first ever pair of converse All-Stars. I got some clothes to.

Trim me up.
* Pizza hut with my roommate Ken.

* QWF Planning.


Thursday, July 27, 2013

* 7:30am call time for the Guinness World Record shoot.

These are the guys myself and Kevin had to go up against.

Guinness World Record Holders Ben and Mark Needle, Motown Maurice & Kevin Cárdenas

Here is an example of what Kevin and I was up against. 



Related: Week 144: Guinness Book...Crapy Video Reviews Must End

Friday, June 28, 2013

* I got a call to be part of a prank show from someone in casting named Jordan. He has me in mind from Who Has The Last Laugh. He said it would be no more than 2 to 3 hours. With all the work I still had to get done, I took a chance. Moreover, I went with my roommate Ken and we waited of about a half hour got paid for doing nothing. Somebody wasn't there and they told us we could get paid and go home. How cool is that? That's the second time that's happened to me on set. Well, the first time I had to wait much longer without working. 

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Just got off the bus and arrived at my event. I had to borrow this push cart from landlord. I lost a wheel on the way.
 

Final Thoughts

The very next day after the event I wrote this on the Facebook event page:
What makes an event great has less to do with the circumstances/environment but has everything to do with the people who attend. Thank you very much to each and every one of you who supported The Quarterly Wrap Festival's 2nd Quarter Wrap Fest. Despite the issue with the air condition most of us stuck it through and made the most out of a humid situation. I am not pleasured with the venue and their lack of presence and concern nonetheless, the future is full of abundance... 
The Festival has put me in state of deep thought. A very deep state. A state in which I haven't been for a long time immediately after an event. There are many issues on my mind. Issues starting with the venue, the photographer and particular individuals I expected leadership from...No matter how I look at those issues among more I'm the blame. Since the 1st Quarter, I saw the red flags of how terrible a business owner Michelle Papillion is. The issues were evident. I was unsuccessful in finding another location and brought it back for the 2nd Quarter by default. I should of tried harder to find another location. The people that came to my event were awesome, a lot of them maintained through the heat. Some had to leave. There were no complaints other than the heat. On the other hand, I consider much of the event to be unacceptable. I produce all my shows with the integrity of late night television and for various reasons it missed the mark of integrity. 
Destruction is my mind state and on the night of the festival I destroyed one of my personal relationships. I'm now in the process of destroying parts of the festival to rebuild it better. New location, new team members and a newer system. 
Besides the negatives, I got a lot done this week. I drafted up a logo in a couple of days and The Quarterly Wrap Festival continues to make its mark.  I'm also thankful that two music videos that I've been anticipating came out just days before the festival. How awesome is that? It was a perfect fit in the program. 3rd Quarter Perfect is now on the agenda.  
As the quest continues...
The Future of Late Night
Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign