Friday, December 28, 2018

Week 431: Background Farewell Tour Completed

Weekly Written Review 

On Tuesday, April 10, 2018 (Week 395), I booked my first background gig with Central Casting. The name of the show is The April Blair Pilot. I'm 99% confident a code name for The CW show, All American. This week on Thursday, December 20, 2018 I booked Background work for All American. It was a long 12 hour day. It will be a nice check enriched with overtime. It wasn't a horrible experience but I was ready to go towards the end of the night. Endlessly walking back and forth is back is bad for the creative part of your brain. I did manage to position myself in a scene where I might be seen dancing during the house party but aside from that it wasn't fun. I didn't have any meaningful conversations because most of the people where bland. Before the end of the night, I decided to end my background farewell tour. I announced my tour during the summer (Week 403) and its time to end it. It was a great run. My 2018 would've been miserable without all my background work but all good and cool things must come to an end. I'm strictly assigning myself for the foreground in 2019.

I'm completely done with television background work. With that being said, I'm leaving the door open for commercial background work. That type of work pays nice and occasionally I'll consider featured work. I've been blessed with all kinds of favor avoiding conflict between background work and auditions this year and in the past but it's not worth taking the risk in 2019. I'm a leading man which means I have to make leading man decisions.


Sunday, December 16, 2018

* Helping Susan move stuff...

* I dropped an important hard drive today. It was a scary moment but thank God it wasn't on when it fell and it's still working.

* Tennis...

* Ordered some cool stuff through a friend on Amazon Prime and it came in today. I got a portable charger for my Switch.


Monday, December 17, 2018

* Family Reunion background work 6:30am to 6:30pm

* After background work, I went home relaxed for a moment and left for Downtown LA to reshoot scenes from the prom date video last week (9pm - 12:15pm). It was a long day.

* Audition notice...


Tuesday, December 18, 2018

* Morning audition assisted by my housemate Joyce

* On the way to background work, I noticed a very intriguing email from ISA. It's time.

* Finishline background work (2pm to 12am)


Wednesday, December 19, 2018

* Finishline background work. (6pm to 1am-ish)


Thursday, December 20, 2018

* After working with a very specific actor on the Finishline shoot the past two days, I woke up this morning with a brilliant casting idea for my screenplay.

* Pop up audition at 12:30pm. I thought I did great. I made my co-actors laugh out loud and I was fully in my element. There's a good chance for a callback which will provide some conflict while in Florida but I'll deal with it if or when that hurdle comes around.

* All American background work 2pm-2am. I declared today my last day of background work. My last day of television background work at least. I'm more open towards commercial background work moving forward.


Friday, December 21, 2018

* Errands...Walgreens, Dollar Store...

* Basketball...

* SAG AFTRA Film Society Screening of Ralph Breaks the Internet accompanied by Mari


Saturday, December 22, 2018

* Recycling...

* SAG AFTRA Film Society Screening of Mary Poppins accompanied by Angel

* Haitian Cali holiday party. It was a long journey to Torrance but I finally got there. A train, 3 buses a Lyft. Thank God I got a ride home.


As the quest continues...

The future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign