Sunday, October 28, 2018

Week 422: Tour Guide Express

Weekly Written Review 

From the start of this week, there are only seven days remaining before I confront what is essentially the significant day of my journey. Sunday, October 21, represents an event that could be the turning point of my quest. There's potentially a lot on the line for Week 423 and I took on the role of a tour guide a few days before :-) I spent most of this week preparing and planning ahead because of my anticipated guest. I didn't complete everything but I think the most important stuff was completed. I wanted to give myself a hair but I couldn't find the time. Oh well...The last time I had a guest visit me was during the first quarter of 2012. That was an interesting experience. There were a lot of fun moments but it didn't end very well. Hence, that's not the reason I haven't had a guest since. No one has seriously acquired about visiting me until recently. Prior conversations have been mostly small talk until I mentioned the premiere of Snake Outta Compton. The screening was the deciding factor. It allowed my guest to book a ticket worth purchasing. Early Friday afternoon, I rented a car with Blue LA, picked up my guest from LAX and officially became a tour guide for the remainder of the weekend. Using the description as "tour guide" might come off as negative but that's not necessarily true. There were a lot of pros to the situation. There were also some cons but I won't mention any of them in detail. Guiding someone around the city of LA had its cool points. It was nice to visit places I haven't been in a while. Plus seeing the joy and excitement in the persons face during their first time LA experiences is rewarding. It's my pleasure to please, serve, tour and guide. The cons, on the other hand, are too personality specific for me to blog about.  I don't use this platform to rant about individual people. I prefer to rant about my overall journey and unwelcoming annoyances in the entertainment industry.

My guest actually did absolutely nothing wrong. Yet, sometimes in life what a person doesn't do trigger flags or causes me to fade away. In my current day interactions with people, more specifically women, I'm able to make acute observations about a person within a short period of time. Often times those observations will affect the energy I put into that person moving forward. My energy is one of my superpowers and I refuse to share it with certain types of people. Thus, energy is just a small part of it. I'll easily fade away from people if there's no effort or if the person plain out doesn't have it. Unfortunately, my interactions with my guest reminded me of a handful of people from my past. Some of those people didn't have it nor did they reciprocate any energy or effort. To be frank, some of those people from my past were way too into themselves to sustain a relationship with me. In simple terms, this weekend came to a conclusion without a positive impression. Upon recognizing certain personality traits in people, I immediately know what time it is and I begin to clock out.

I would like to be more descriptive but that might cause me to be specific and I rather not. Under these circumstances, I'll write about a different but somewhat similar situation that caused me to fade away from a person. January of 2017, I was still in Tampa for Christmas break. A good portion of 2016 I was in contact with a college friend. She went through a lost and I did my best to be a shoulder for her. Aside from the lost, we touched base from time to time. We talked about me visiting her during the break and I made it happen. I took an Amtrac to the location and she had me waiting over an hour and a half after my arrival. The train ride was already 4 hours. I kept her informed and she knew I was coming. None of that mattered because she was still late. When she arrived I took a deep breath and I did my best to put her tardiness behind me. I didn't complain. I might have been a bit silent because of the energy she already depleted but I didn't complain. On the way to her house, she spent most of the ride complaining about her job. This is the same job we were both celebrating about her getting a few months ago. We also had to stop at the supermarket to get food because her refrigerator had none in it. Even after shopping, there wasn't much food available to eat. She planned nothing ahead of time and I had a miserable few days. The thing about me is, if I'm in a situation where I'm not pleasured, I won't express it. I get through it and make sure I never put myself in that situation again. I've been cordial with her the few times we've communicated since the trip but she certainly isn't worthy of my full energy.

Silence is my overall approach with humans, a species I've yet to fully comprehend. So will I ever be a Tour Guide again? Maybe but it's certainly not something I'm looking forward to doing anytime soon. This weekend was also a reminder of how much I enjoy being to myself. I'm a loner. I have the powers to adapt to any situation but I'm built and conditioned for an isolated lifestyle. 


Sunday, October 14, 2018

* Laundry day...

* Facebooking posting about the video game party yesterday


Monday, October 15, 2018

* Slow day...

* Urgent audition request for PA Nation. That gave me a good reason not to play tennis. I didn't want to play today anyway. I more so didn't want to travel to the courts. Audition sent the same day.

* Food 4 Less/Cat Food pick up


Tuesday, October 16, 2018

* On My Block - Background work (8:30am - 7:20pm) I didn't enjoy the shoot that much because you probably won't see me in the episode. Aside from the sucky shoot, I connected with one a young man at the shoot and we ended up playing basketball at the Olympic Place apartments the same night. I had fun but the rims were not 10 feet. It was shorter. Not cool.


Wednesday, October 17, 2018

* Basketball...

* Writing Snake interview script/questions


Thursday, October 18, 2018

* Basketball...good games. My team won all 3 and I had the game-winning put back in the end.

* Room clean up...hair trim

* Happy Birthday Kevin Boot

* Cat food pick up/Food 4 Less


Friday, October 19, 2018

* Blue LA rental, guest LAX arrival and pick up

* USC Trader Joes, Los Angeles County Museum of Arts (LACMA)


Saturday, October 20, 2018

* Hollywood Blvd, Runyon Canyon, and celebrating Kevin's Birthday at The Electric Pussy Cat.


As the quest continues...

The future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign