Sunday, September 23, 2018

Week 418: German Conspiracy

Weekly Written Review 

Today we're going to investigate what's really going on in Germany. Are they conspiring against me? Or is it an overlooked technicality? I have two cases to examine. Of course, we'll start with Snake Outta Compton. The film has been out in Germany for a while, which is great. Someone at a networking mixer that I attended on Thursday told me Germany is the strictest place to distribute a film. If a film gets approved in Germany it's a shoe-in everyone else. That's good to know. From time to time, I google Snake Outta Compton and a while ago I noticed the DVD on sale via Blu-ray.com for Germany. Moreover, I investigated the listing and guess what I noticed? They don't have my name listed for the cast. Say what? As a matter of fact, they only listed Caucasians as the starring cast. Snake Outta Compton has a mostly African-American starring cast. They completely didn't list any of the real starring cast. What's up with that?! You want me to be diplomatic about this? Okay fine! Maybe they omitted me and all of the other African American's because this is our first major film credit. I asked the director about it he said he didn't know anything. Don't believe me check for yourself https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Snake-Outta-Compton-Blu-ray/197699/#Castandcrew

Shameless plug: While looking for the German link, I noticed you can pre-order the USA version of Snake Outta Compton at Wal-Mart now. Click HERE 

Furthermore, I honestly didn't make a federal case about this specific German observation. I let the issue go until this week. There just happens to be another film I'm in that's circulating the world. It's a short film entitled Frenchies and it was shot a couple months after shooting Snake Outta Compton around December 2016. To my surprise, the film has been getting accepted into several film festivals. From 34th Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival and 21st Dances with Films. The director Punkwho "FT" Lin keeps announcing the film's acceptance into more festivals. Just this week FT announced that Frenchies got accepted into two festivals in Europe. Guess where one festival is located? You guessed right, Germany. Now guess who they excluded from the credit listing? Yup, Motown Maurice. According to the listing, I have no connection to this film. I'm the second lead actor in Frenchies and I'm also the only African American in the film. I'm also the second lead in Snake Outta Compton and you know what happened there. Check out the German listing of Frenchies for yourself. Click HERE.

This is blasphemy! I'm trying not to accuse Germany of racism but damn it, what else do you call this. I find this pattern to be sickening. I don't get it and I refuse to exert my energy in trying to figure why. Especially when the proof is in the pudding. It does make me think. They're a common conception in the entertainment industry that films with a majority African American cast don't sell overseas. It possibly that Germans like practice this negligence. Whatever the case is, I'm moving forward. I'm sure this won't be the only country or entity that will somehow exclude me. For the record, the purpose of this post isn't to bash Germans. Instead, I'm calling out Germany questioning why the country is excluding African Americans. What do they have against people of African descent? What was done in the dark will come out to light! 

On the bright side, I think the Russians like me. Someone from Russian contacted me on Facebook this week. They enjoyed me in Snake Outta Compton and they want my autograph :-) 


Sunday, September 16, 2018

* Staples...had to go back a second time because I left my flash drive. Thankfully I got it.

* New blog photo cover photo shoot

* Used some money as props and returned it to my ATM


Monday, September 17, 2018

* Grown-ish background work day 1. Shortly after arriving myself and the other background actors found out that we're having a walk away lunch. That means they're not feeding us. I told another actor who missed the announcement and he looked me in shock and said, "Whatt! I thought this was Disney." This is the second time I've been on a big show's set and didn't get lunch. The first time was on Grey's Anatomy.


Tuesday, September 18, 2018

* Grown-ish background work day 2

* Signed up Nintendo Online

* Cat food pickup for my landlady (Food 4 Less)


Wednesday, September 19, 2018

* Quest anniversary! I upgraded my new blog photo. To read my thoughts about my anniversary and my new blog photo click HERE

* Basketball...played longer than usual about 11:45-3:30. I had a nice fadeaway game-winner in my second to last game. My body was totally beat.


Thursday, September 20, 2018

* Slightly low spirited day...

* Bike Boys...I'm might be reconsidering...

* We Audition networking event. Slow start but I'm glad I attended. I'm still noticed by at least a few people everywhere I go.


Friday, September 21, 2018

* Basketball...

* Blogging...

* Someone emailed me from Thursday's networking event and shortly afterward I got an idea to email her manager. She gave me her blessing and sent off the email. Hey, you never know.


Saturday, September 22, 2018

* Self-hair cut. Any haircut from late January 2017 and beyond is a haircut I gave myself.

* Brand Ambassador event. Nocking Point Night Ender Event with Aisha Tyler. It also included Nocking Point's co-founder (and star of CW's Arrow) Stephen Amell. It was the easiest possible way to make money. Didn't do anything too serious for 5 hours and I had fun.


As the quest continues...

The future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign