Saturday, September 1, 2018

Week 414: October 23, 2018

Weekly Written Review 

They say you shouldn't put all your eggs in one basket, which makes a lot of sense. I've learned that lesson the hard way several times over in the earlier parts of my journey. Even though I now know better, I'm ready to put all my eggs in one basket again. As far as I'm concerned I might as well, there are no other baskets working in my favor. What basket am I referring to you ask? I'm referring to the basket that releases on October 23rd.

I've been off and on in low spirits for the past couple weeks but when I got a text message on Thursday, that indicated the official release date for Snake Outta Compton my moral changed. Snake Outta Compton is an independent film starring me and a host of talented actors and it's very special. Very special in a ridiculous kind of way. It's been a long time coming. The film was shot two years ago from September. In 2016 I had hopes of being far more established by the time it came out. Not much as changed. Two years later, Snake Outta Compton has a national distribution with Lionsgate and it releases nationwide on Tuesday, October 23, 2018. It's strategically placed right before Halloween. It will be available on DVD, Redbox, on-demand, Amazon Prime and other streaming services. So yes, this is big and even though I know better I'm putting 9.75 of my eggs out of 10, in this Snake basket. I'm getting no results from auditioning so deep down inside I'm hoping (I might even start praying) that Snake Outta Compton opens up some doors for me. If it's successful, just imagine all the magical stuff that could happen. All the people that would see it and discover me. I might not even have to audition for some roles. Should I put a limit on its potential? No! There are no limits with Snake!

Last week, I was telling a fellow actor on the bus about it and he said, "This could be the next Sharkando," after confirming that franchise is on the way out. He's absolutely right. They just finished completing the sixth and last Sharkando movie. I tried to watch the first one over Christmas break and I didn't finish. Snake has great potential. Snake could ever well be my golden ticket. I never wanted to put that much hope into it but this upcoming September 19th will make the 8 year anniversary of my arrival in LA. Something has to break, so let it be Snake.

We're supposed to have a red carpet movie premiere the weekend before it's national release. I recently got the idea to make a list of important people I want to invite and leverage. Meanwhile, I'll try to come up with creatives ways to promote Snake starting with you. Take a moment to check out the tralier and the recent press release.


Recent Press Release: http://thegeekiary.com/snake-outta-compton-dvd-release/55428


Sunday, August 19, 2018

* Switch weekend continues...Got all the memories in BOTW. Also beat Guns, Gore & Canoli.

* Trader Joe's USC...Food 4 Less and Mango's at the Asian supermarket


Monday, August 20, 2018

* Library...overdue Aaron's House photo uploads

* More Switch

* Tennis...


Tuesday, August 21, 2018

* Low spirited day

* Photo shoot with Ivy...

* Playing Splatoon


Wednesday, August 22, 2018

* Woke up to an audition request and sent it off (Tosh.o)

* Basketball...

* Chiropractor visit...while at there I got a vision for my upcoming new blog photo.

* (2) more audition videos sent


Thursday, August 23, 2018

* Basketball...my 3 point shooting is back!

* Slight low spirited today

* Helping my landlady's friend Terry and the ambulance...

* One text message from Hank with the date October 23rd gave my spirits the lift it needed


Friday, August 24, 2018

* Haircut

* Blogging

* Chiropractor visit

* Talking with Kandace


Saturday, August 25, 2018

* Laugh Mobb Shoot


As the quest continues...

The future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign