Sunday, December 17, 2017

Week 378: Obsession Intensity...Still Got It

Weekly Written Review 

On Black Friday I sent a particular person a text. I invited that person to lunch. The invite was presented as an occasion of appreciation and the opportunity to share my story. Fast forward to this Tuesday. We had lunch, I presented my story/pitch and I think she liked it. She requested that I send her my script with additional pitch materials. At first, I was going to send the script as is but something she said inspired me to rewrite the ending. I always knew the ending needed work but our conversation gave me the spark I needed to end the film properly. The next following days I became obsessed. I don't recall having an intense work ethic like that all 2017 long. To a degree, I didn't like it. The thing is, I did a lot more than adding an ending. I reread it and I did a lot rewriting. Caught a lot of errors and incorporated a lot of cool new ideas. I had my moments when I was blasting music and dancing to every word I typed. Then there were moments when food and sleep were getting in the way. When I have an idea I become intense. It's not a lifestyle I want as regularly as I had before. I am grateful to know that I still got it when I need it. It's very possibly my lack of intensity all year long was made of for in this one week. Who knows?


Sunday, December 10, 2017

* Wide aWoke reunion planning

* Tree trimming get together. Made some phone calls while walking there. It was a one hour walk. Much longer then I anticipated.


Monday, December 11, 2017

* Amazon audition

* At Staples printing out presentation materials. It cost about $7.00 worth of mostly color prints.


Tuesday, December 12, 2017

* Lunch with Natasha W at SweetSalt. Presentation, pitch and she's interested. Whoop. Whoop.

* Callback notice

* Audition video sent

* Late hours into the night I mentally drafted out the new ending for my screenplay.


Wednesday, December 13, 2017

* Basketball...YMCA

* Amazon callback

* Screenplay rereading/writing...


Thursday, December 14, 2017

* Rewriting my screenplay...

* My commercial agent called. I rarely get to speak to her that's because I don't book and I rarely get to put on avail. Moreover, she told me I was put on avail for Amazon. Good news right. I think not. When the following Sunday came around with the last fitting on Monday (Week 379) I knew it was a game over. Such a waste of time. It's just disrespectful have someone block out specific dates and never release them. This happened on August 23rd and more than likely it's going to happen again. I need to find a way out of this audition nonsense.

* Post office


Friday, December 15, 2017

* Livewave callback

* Final rewrite/reread for my screenplay and it was sent to Natasha. It's no longer in my hands. I am glad my rewrite is over. It was intense. These past two days reminded on how obsessive I become with my ideas. I don't like it. I rather not go to that place anymore. At least not anytime soon.


Saturday, December 16, 2017

* Basketball...I couldn't score much in the games I played but I got much props for the sidelines about my rebounds and defense.

* WaW planning...

* I made my mom cry talking about my father's situation. Our conversation was mostly about spiritual stuff. She thinks I don't understand what she's been through. I've concluded that I can't talk to my mom about religion/spiritual stuff anymore. I just can't. 

As the quest continues...

The future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign