Saturday, August 19, 2017

Week 360: Bad Decisions? Let's Feed Some Seeds

Weekly Written Review 

This week started out as a bummer. I probably made a bad decision then again maybe it was a good decision. Who knows? I accepted a gig that needed up being in the middle of nowhere at a landfill and I had to wear a banana suit. What made this gig so frustrating is that they provided the information to me really late and the directions was horrible. I thought I could walk the distance from where the bus dropped me off but that wasn't not possible. Thank God a city worker noticed me asked me a few questions and gave me a ride to the location. I wasn't pleased during the shoot. Time was being wasted, they didn't plan things out appropriately and it was hot and very dusty. I'm not one to complain but this was unacceptable. I can only blame myself for accepting the gig. I took a few days before I accepted the gig. I didn't even submit for it. I was actually requested to be apart of this because of a previous project I worked on with the director. I appreciated the fact the he kept me in mind. Nonetheless, I saw the red flags in the beginning with the lack of information that should of been provided in advance. Aside from all that, one of my agents got me an audition on the day of. I couldn't make it. That wasn't a big deal. Then a few hours into the shoot I got a notice for a straight to callback for Covergirl. Just great. I was in the middle of nowhere and I'm missing a straight to callback. Oh well. You live and you learn. I made 100 bucks and missed my Monday tennis session. The question that I will never know is if I would've ever got that Covergirl gig.

Enough of my complaining. The best decision I did make this week was to financially support two actors crowdfunding campaigns. It was uplifting and I look forward to doing that more often. The first person told me about her campaign a few weeks ago. The second person informed me of her campaign in February but I was tight on money then. Since I'm currently in the spirit of giving I contacted her and sent her a donation via Venmo. In the mist of both of these donations, another Late Night Experiment alumni informed me of her campaign. In about a months time, once my pockets recover a little I also plan to support her.  Another great thing that happened this week is my efforts to start casual reading. I went to my storage and dusted off Backstage at The Tonight Show from Johnny Carson to Jay Leno by Don Sweeny.


Sunday, August 6, 2017 

* Watching Power at LuLu's

* late night upgrading IMDB, adding 36 for 36,


Monday, August 7, 2017 

* Charity shoot in a Landfill...banana suit

* Missed an audition because of the shoot

* Missed an unexpected straight to callback because of the shoot  (Cover girl)

* No tennis


Tuesday, August 8, 2017

* Callback cancelled

* About 3 auditions today...

* Audition I'm fine

* Commercial audition

* 3 Voice Overs sent


Wednesday, August 9, 2017

* EBT office

* Basketball YMCA

* Broke my fast twice


Thursday, August 10, 2017

* Donated to Andrea's Indiego campaign

* Audition for a Hip hop related show

* Audition VO sent


Friday, August 11, 2017

* LMU Series shoot

* Overdue donation to Tehana's COIN project


Saturday, August 12, 2017 

* Basketball YMCA

* VO audition sent


As the quest continues...

The future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign