Friday, November 22, 2013

Week 165: Its Time To Make a Change - I Surrender - Season 2 Focused!

Weekly Written Review 

So much editing. I basically live in front of the computer right now. Well, I've kind of always lived in front of a computer. That's not new. Furthermore, there were moments when I had to leave the house but I honestly did not want to go. I wanted to stay put in from my adobe suite and edit. Its a mental challenge to switch gears from intense editing to improv and auditioning. In terms of auditions, my attendance is fairly flawless. I've attended the vast majority of them. This week I had to evaluate. Whats more important, these auditions that I don't ever book or my web series. My projects is far more important. As a result, I made conscious decision to miss some auditions. Nothing from my agent or anything but smaller roles $100.00 or less compensation. The reality is I'm a horrible actor and the fact that I'm focused on editing will make my acting even more horrible. I don't have the mind set to even review any sides or work on character breakdowns. Chances are I wouldn't get the part but if I did, its not even fair to the project because I won't be focused on it until my project is complete.

The life of an editor isn't that exciting but I'm getting things done on a great time schedule. On the personal side of things...I surrender.

See final thoughts for a detailed personal side. 

Sunday, November 10, 2013

* Power Struggle Featuring Kevin

* G Blok rehearsal for Ratchet Ray Ray

Monday, November 11, 2013

* Designing a promotional flier for The Late Night Experiment

* Monkey Butler Improv Class

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

* Completed new promotional material for The Late Night Experiment Season 2

For unto us a host is born and his name will be called Motown Maurice, The Future of Late Night Television. 
The  Future of Late Night is Emerging. 
Wednesday, November 13, 2013

70's Super Soul Sunday extras 
Soul Trains very own Cheryl Song 
* Herlarious Sketch - Super Soul Sunday with Wanda Sykes. This was a great shoot. The director was picking on me all day. She called me "Super Dancer" and so much more. Once she got loud with me and Wanda who was right next to me told me, "She only does that to people she loves." I told the director. I love you to. She was like, "Whatever." At the end of the shoot she started hugging everyone and distinctly told me, "I'm saving you for last." When she hugged me to told me, "Thank you, I rather have someone who gives too much than give to little."

Motown  Maurice 70's style. 
Wanda Sykes Herlarious Super Soul Sunday Sketch for OWN
* Skipped an audition "Plastic Cup." I was busy editing but I think it was for the best. I'm not too sure about playing gay characters.

Thursday, November 14, 2013

* ADHD PSA Audition. I didn't want to go but I went for the hell of it when the rescheduled for me.

* I was booked for a Chevy Oscars shoot but it was way too far. It was located in Lompoc, CA. I don't even know where that is. Buses don't go there.

Friday, November 15, 2013

* We had a Power Struggle show today but I got the times mixed up. We came to the wrong show.

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Editing...

Final Thoughts



For over a decade, I've became a practitioner of pushing women away. Its become my natural ability. For the pass couple weeks, one young lady in particular have experienced my wrath. On Wednesday, we had a conversation and I made her tell me there will never be a chance between us. I thought that's what I needed to hear from her to close our chapter and move on. The next day I was begging for forgiveness. Asking for one last chance. That's not like me. I don't do that. I push women away and I move on with my quest. I've even pushed this girl away previously and moved on but this time something wasn't right. It wasn't sticking. While depressingly waiting for her to call me back I realized its time for a change. Yeah, I'm good a pushing women away but its time to learn to be good at keeping a woman around. I can't tell you the last time I had a girlfriend. I sometimes question whether or not I ever really had a girlfriend. I certainly never introduced a girl as my girlfriend before. Moreover, in my asking for one more chance segment I told her I was miserable without her. This is the thing...I have a bunch of patience with my quest but when it comes to women, it doesn't exist. I've wanted my relationships to run like a business. That narrow train of thought has got me to where I am today. I justify much of my actions in the past but its not working anymore. I really like this girl. Which means I have to reconnect with my human side.

Man in the mirror represents the coming of change but I actually wasn't singing that song this week. I was singing a MJ related soon though. As far as I can remember whenever I'm singing or thinking of a Michael Jackson song those are clear signs that I got it bad. Real bad.

I WANT TO BE WHERE YOU ARE REAL BAD.



With a new state of mind I'm now working my way to her heart patiently.

In other news, I completed Breaking Bad this weekend. I really enjoyed the end of season 4 and all of season 5. It was a brilliantly done. I can't say all the episodes in the series did it for me but it was overall satisfying. Many of the characters remain on my mind and I do kind of miss the series. I don't plan to watch it again but I found a mini documentaries about it on youtube. Its enjoyable watching it from that perspective.

As the quest continues...

The Future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign