- About Motown Maurice
- Media Interviews
- Social Networks
- Reality TV Appearances
- TV & Web Commercials
- Internet/New Media
- TV Show Appearances
- Shorts & Feature FILMS
- Miscellaneous PROJECTS
- Hosting Reels
- Music Video Filmography Part 1
- Music Video Filmography Part 2
- Music Video Filmography Part 3
- The Motown Maurice Show (2010)
- Comedy Reels and Parodies
- Late Night Experiment EPISODES
- Late Night Experiment HISTORY
- The Future of Late Night Campaign
- Doritos Crash The Super Bowl 2011-2012
- Motown Maurice on Blog Talk Radio
- Poetic Conquests
- Quarterly Wrap Festival
- Memoirs of a Late-Night Model
- Partners & Associates
- Make a Donation
- Contact Info
- Blog Progressions
Sunday, January 10, 2016
2015 Year in Review
It's 3:06pm eastern standard time. I'm still in Tampa, FL, a few hours away from returning to LA and I've procrastinated about this for long enough.
As I've mentioned to myself and others previously, 2015 was extremely hard financially. I don't think I made more than $4000.00 last year. I made it through mainly with the grace and support of my mom and God. Aside from the financial woes, 2015 was my most accomplished year. The year started out rough but my accomplishments are staggering. Here is a list of a few of my accomplishments.
* Completed my first 90 page screenplay.
* Attended and completed a professional audition class.
* Became a minor league basketball coach, took my team to the finals and won.
* Joined a basketball league and performed well individually. My team sucked.
* Completed the last two seasons of my cherished web series, The Late Night Experiment. That's a total of 12 episodes in one year. I also completed the 5th behind the scenes documentary (Late-Night Herbal Tea)
- I also screened both seasons of my web series in front of a live studio audience.
- This is the first time I completed two scripted seasons in one year.
- Season 6 by far had the biggest cast and the most challenging to produce. By all means I got it done and I'm very grateful.
* Successfully introduced monologue slams into The Quarterly Wrap Festival.
- Four monologues slams in one year.
* I was featured in a fantastic cover story in Engine In The Grass. Written by Christopher Campbell.
* Went to Disneyland for the first time.
- Began working on a Disney pilot.
- In addition to all that, I also got a girlfriend. Not only did we make our relationship work but she also played a significant role in the completion of my 6th season.
These are just a few things off the top of my head. Individually, as in the Motown Maurice universe, I outdid myself. No other year can compare. On the other hand, Hollywood wasn't so kind to me. Meaning I didn't make any money nor did I book anything significant.
What I didn't achieve in 2015 will come to pass in 2016. I was able to get a lot out of my system in 2015 which now prepares my focus more than ever before. The results my of 2016 may end up being surprisingly gratifying.
I'm going gear up and focus and let luck have its way.
As the quest continues...
The Future of Late Night