Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Week 427: Bread Please

Weekly Written Review 

When it comes to my personal hairstyle it hasn't changed in a long time. I started growing my hightop fade in 2006. I never genuinely thought about changing it. Aside from a few bad barber experiences in LA, my hair cut has generally been the same. Facial hair, on the other hand, I've always been more open to change. There was a period of time throughout the 2000s when I would've never been caught without a goatee. I disliked my face without one. After moving to Los Angeles, the goatee stopped working for me. I had a lot of shaving issues when I relocated and I ended up letting my goatee go. Cutting my goatee was a good call. Having a clean face has opened up a lot of high school and college roles. Fast forward to Week 425 and my new headshots preparation. My agent recommended I take some photos with my beard. I was inherently reluctant about taking beard photos. Leading into the shoot I started growing a beard but I was ready to cut it if I booked worked through Central Casting that required a clean face. That's a small way of thinking but that's the decision I made.

To my blessed advantage, the week before I booked background work on a show called Black Monday that required me to look grundy. I didn't have to cut my beard. Not until two days after my photo shoot, I got booked for background work that required me to be cleanly shaven. I call that high favor because I'm very happy that I kept my beard. I took photos wearing 3 different looks with my beard and they are awesome. Forward again to this week, my photo proofs arrived. I look great with a beard. I look so great that I've decided to maintain a bearded look moving forward. I'll cut it when it's requested but I'll start growing my beard immediately afterward. Having a consistent beard is a huge change of pace. For several years now I've averaged shaving at least once a day. There were a few periods when auditions got slow and I would let my beard grow. When auditions started picking up I would cut it again. As of now, man bush is a priority. It's a small change that will make a big difference among many other adjustments I've been making. 

At an additional consolation, last Saturday I received a fortune cookie from Panda Express that states: Don't Be Afraid to Experiment with a New Look. I thought it was alluding to my hairstyle at first but I'm taking it as a message about my facial hair. For the record, I'm not against cutting my hightop completely. When I book a leading role in the near future, I'll probably have to sign a contract agreeing to any changes the studio decides. That may or may not include changing up my hairstyle. I personally would be more open to cutting my hair once my auto-biographical film is made but we don't always get things in life in the order that we desire. 


Sunday, November 18, 2018

* Returning clothes at Ross. Picked up some new tennis shoes

* Video recording slates

* Tennis...


Monday, November 19, 2018

* Blogging...

* Cleaning...


Tuesday, November 20, 2018

* Basketball/3 game-winning streak

* Picked up parking coupons at the SAG-AFTRA building

* Blogging...


Wednesday, November 21, 2018

* Creed II screening with the SAG-Foundation accompanied by Mari. The movie is well done. Go see it.

* Basketball (6 game winning streak. Lost 1)

* It rained for the first time in a long while


Thursday, November 22, 2018

* Blue LA rental. Dropped off Landlady at her friend's house. Followed by a big food run. Dog food, water...(Ralphs and Smart & Final)

* Thanksgiving at Natalie's from the YMCA. Two years in a row.

* Best Buy pick up of Just Dance 2019. That long was long but it went fast.

* Game Stop pick up of Super Bomber Man R. Hmmmm


Friday, November 23, 2018

* Walking...ATM, phone calls...

* SAG-AFTRA Film Society screening of Widows accompanied by She. Not crazy about the movie.


Saturday, November 24, 2018

* SAG-AFTRA Film Society screening of If Beale Street Could Talk accompanied by Tehana. Great movie. Go see it.

* Filing out the end of the year EBT reapplication.

* Picking out the best photos from my photoshoot


As the quest continues...

The future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign