Thursday, January 4, 2018

Week 380: Smorgasbord of Whoa

Weekly Written Review 

I'm so grateful that I made it through this week. Essentially this was my toughest week of 2017. I started planning for my big event this weekend six months ago and I booked my flight in advance. Nothing should go wrong but it did. Foolishly I missed my flight. I left from LAX on Sunday and arrived in Chicago with a 8-hour delay. I didn't sleep. I stayed up and watched Atlanta on Youtube TV yet I missed my flight. There's no reason that should've happened!! I was Wide aWoke and ready. As my flight time got closer I got confused for some reason. The gate info wasn't making any sense. I checked the departure board and I saw that I was at the wrong gate. I got to the new gate with time to kill so I bought a bagel. By the time I finished eating I realised I was at the wrong airline. Ran back to my original gate and it was too late. Now it's either get a standby flight at 4:30pm or wait until Wednesday. Unbelievable! On the Brightside, a beautiful lady named Jacklyn who also missed her flight and offered me coffee and a sandwich. We spoke for four hours straight (8:30am-12:30pm). I shared my story she shared hers. We inspired each other and she started crying when I told her she should write a book. Or connection was oddly serendipitous and we were glad to share Christmas morning with each other. I'm grateful. By the grace of God, there was room on my standby flight. Unfortunately, there wasn't any room on her flight and she had to wait until morning. I arrived home late Christmas night. At first, I was told a Wednesday flight was my only option. Thank God that didn't happen. The main reason is that my father needed me. Upon arrival the sight of my father was disheartening. He looked much worse than when I last saw him. He lost a lot of weight and he was in horrible pain. I played a big role in taking him to the doctor and emergency. The other reason has to do with the reunion I've been planning for the past six months. I would have been straight outta luck if I arrived on Wednesday. I might have had to rent a car and drive from Chicago to Tampa or something. Moreover, things worked out. 

Wide aWoke Wednesday's Reunion. Let's say it was a success. I didn't get not one complaint. To my knowledge everyone loved it. I had my disappointments. The turn out should've been a lot better but oh well. So many people clicked going on the event page and didn't show up. It wasn't a bad turn out but there should've been more people. The speakers spent way too much time talking about me but it was humbly honorable. I'm grateful and most importantly I'm glad it's over. I'm out of the event planning business for about two years. 

Sunday, December 24, 2017

* LAX Departure

* Arrived in Chicago

* Watched Lucy and started watching Atlanta 


Monday, December 25, 2017

* Missed my flight, had coffee with a random lady and got a standby flight

* Arrived in Tampa

* Sight of my father...not good.


Tuesday, December 26, 2017

* Errands...WaW reunion planning

* Poop pull...


Wednesday, December 27, 2017

* Took my father to the doctor. We had a scary moment at the doctors and they called the ambulance.

* Storage room chaos

* WaW reunion planning and memorial video editing...


Thursday, December 28, 2017

* Location deposit

* Jerk Hut food payment

* Walmart

* Bringing PaPa food to the hospital

* Packing DVD's

* WaW planning and phone calls

* Editing


Friday, December 29, 2017

* Storage

* Dollar storage

* Publix pick up for PaPa

* Walmart shopping with MaTown

* Booking notice from agent

* WaW planning and editing...


Saturday, December 29, 2017

* Had to turn down my booking from yesterday. For various reasons, I can't go back to LA early.

* Planning, prepping, speech writing...

* Wide aWoke Wednesday's Reunion

* Late night treat


As the quest continues...

The future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign