Monday, September 18, 2017

Week 365: What the hell am I doing?

Weekly Written Review 

This whole week was a spiritual battle. It got worse by Wednesday. I had to practically force myself to complete a couple audition videos. Then Thursday put the icing on the cake. I had a callback for a science show and they unethically asked for my age. I responded with the first number that came to mind. Knowing they asked that unethical question told me internally I was wasting my time. They took over the conversation with a few other questions. For example, they asked where I live. I told them K-Town. Then the joke among themselves became about living in Ktown,"Everybody lives in Ktown. I need to live in Ktown..." The audition read was fine but the second take didn't go so well. They gave us brand new sides upon arrive and they wanted us to put it down on the second take. I'm okay at improv but this whole audition was trickery. My spirits were pretty much blown after that. Another reason I'm probably not going to get it is because I'm close to the height of the lead scientist. They are looking for a 18 year old to match an 18 year old female. Most likely she's going to be a smaller girl and I'll look out of place.

I was definitely defeated by the end of the week. I'm auditioning which is great but the vast majority of these roles are not for me. They don't fit me at all. I won't get into it right now but this led me to ask myself...What the hell am I doing? By the end of this week I honestly didn't have a clue what the hell I was doing. The only solution for my spiritual battle and mental frustration is to be alone. Unfortunately, my actions led to pushing someone away. I'm glad this week is over. Now I just have to regroup and make next week a better week.


Sunday, September 10, 2017

* At LuLu's...Switch, Power...


Monday, September 11, 2017

* Audition: Zenefits

* Had to skip an audition for a bigger one...

* Audition for a NDA required project. It's not a callback but it's my second time for this project.

* Audition video sent

* Tennis


Tuesday, September 12, 2017

* Callback for a project in which I have no idea what it's for. The request came on (9/7/17) from a casting director who replied to a video I sent her over a year ago.

* Storage stop

* Trader Joe's

* Someone who remembered me from a project called Blockout a few years ago saw me walking and offered me a ride.

* Editing a bday for someone...


Wednesday, September 13, 2017

* Blog post

* (3) Audition videos sent. I had to fight through this because of low spirits.

* (2) VO sent

* Editing a bday for someone...


Thursday, September 14, 2017

* Basketball

* Generation Genius callback. This was as setup for disappointment. Read above.

* VO sent


Friday, September 15, 2017

* Basketball

* Commercial audition

* A nice phone call from Kandace K.

* Low spirits

* Agent called about an upcoming Dear White People audition and provided clarity on the character type. Oh boy...lol


Saturday, September 16, 2017 

* VO sent

* Basketball

* I purchased Raymon Legends Definitive Edition today for the Switch. I'm getting tight on money and I probably shouldn't of done that. Nonetheless, this is my source of joy. It's my escape and I believe it's going to end up motivating me to work harder/smarter to find ways to make more money. I don't want much. I deserve a damn video game dammit.

* Low Spirits...video gaming

* Had Sunday plans but they got canceled...


As the quest continues...

The future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign