Sunday, March 17, 2019

Week 443: Disappointment and New Opportunity

Weekly Written Review 

A production company that would have provided up to 8 million dollars to produce my script passed on my idea this week.  I submitted on December 26th and I just found out. Of course, it's disappointing but at the same time, my involvement with that gig built the unstoppable momentum currently guiding my script to the right hands. My script is so much better because of the pressure it caused. Around 24 after they passed on my script, I found out about an Emerging Screenwriters contest. I haven't been privy to contests in a while for various reasons but this one has my name on it. I'm doing it. I'm even amped to write a TV pilot I've been sitting on. I developed the idea last year and I think it's time to write it. Might as well while my writing continues to be unstoppable. Let's get it.

Overall this week was cool. It started off with a trip to the Indian Wells tennis tournament. I was peer pressured into it. Actually, my tennis buddies asked me to go last year and I said no then. I didn't want to say no again. It was a cool experience. That's the 3rd out of town trip I took while in LA in almost 9 years. The first time was with some acting classmates to Vegas in 2011. A Mexico trip in 2014 and now this tennis trip. All because of peer pressure. They were all cool but I'm not a fan of trips. I rather stay focused on my creative tools.


Sunday, March 10, 2019

* Tennis trip to Indian Wells


Monday, March 11, 2019

* Giving tennis lessons to Tehana at Shatto

* Amazon order for MaTown

* Blogging...

* Returning emails...

* "Pass" notification received. The opportunity that shifted my focus back on my script passed on my screenplay today. The made the decision based on my logline and description. It's possible they might have judged my first submission because I've upgraded it a few times since my submission. It's disappointing but all is good. I'm very thankful for the momentum currently active in reference to my script. My time will soon come. 


Tuesday, March 12, 2019

* Basketball...

* Water pick up from Food 4 Less

* In the process of hosting my tennis events. Working on some of the details today

* Got the attention of an Emerging Screenwriters contest. I want this one.


Wednesday, March 13, 2019

* Audition video sent

* Picked up tickets from Joss for a college basketball game...


Thursday, March 14, 2019

* Basketball...

* Audition video sent with the help with Joyce. I liked this one.


Friday, March 15, 2019

* Women's NAACP basketball game with Tehana


Saturday, March 16, 2019

* Reunion planning...phase 2.

* Cooking Salmon

* Fitness Boxing...

* Movie Night. Watching...Triple Frontier on Netflix. I enjoyed most of the heist. Some stuff was definitely questionable.


As the quest continues...

The future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign