Saturday, August 28, 2021

Week 571: Rescheduling In Favor of Favor (Updated in the Worst Way)

Weekly Written Review

Update: 9/22/21

This blog was posted hours before this week actually ended which is very rare. Little did I know, I would receive a phone call on Saturday night, forever changing the course of my life.  

--------------------

My energy has been on the lower spectrum for the past couple of weeks. Disappointing results from my grant applications didn't help. The outcome led to embracing that I'm not going to be able to shoot my film in October. Two main reasons. 1. Covid Delta surge. 2. Nothing enough funds. At first, I referred to this situation as a postponement. Joston, a filmmaking colleague said to call it a reschedule. I agree. October was highly ambitious to begin with. I knew that when I set the goal. Now I'm aiming for early 2021 which was my original date. More time to plan. More time to build. More time for favor. 

Regardless, I'm still moving forward as if we're shooting in October. I want to have most of my producing work done by that time frame. Next on my list is acquiring a crew. This week I started reaching out to cinematographers. I composed a professionally crafted email to 8 cinematographers all referred by Tehana Weeks. One of them I worked with previously, What is School For? Almost a week later, not one reply. Nothing. That's Hollywood for you. Since I'm not a Hollywood type, I don't attract those kinds anyway. Oddly enough, shortly after sending those emails, on the way to an event, a cinematographer on Bumble Biz connected with me showing immediate interest. We actually have a coffee meeting set on Sunday. I've been on Bumble Biz for at least a couple years now and this will be the first time I'm meeting with someone in person. All of my previous connections have not been meaningful until now. It just so happens to be when I'm specifically looking for a cinematographer. It's a mysterious blessing of favor. More is certainly on the way. 


Sunday, August 22, 2021

* Errands...

* Talking to Rodney...

* Small Brawlhalla gaming session...

* Watching Pacific Rim 2 - Uprising

* An article about Shaq's stocks boosted my energy a little and brought forth some future hope...


Monday, August 23, 2021

* Tennis...

* El Segundo rental car favor...

* Message to locations about film shoot change of date...


Tuesday, August 24, 2021

* LA River Studios Open House event. Lots of fun. Open bar.

* Cinematographer search. Sending out emails. 

* Bumble Biz cinematographer connection...


Wednesday, August 25, 2021

* Return home...

* Food 4 Less. Water pick up. Surprised Barbara with some milk

* Lazy day...


Thursday, August 26, 2021

* Sending/ returning emails...

* Gaming...


Friday, August 27, 2021

* Tennis...

* Night bus trip to Atarah's

* Gaming...


Saturday, August 28, 2021

* Setting up my AKAI Professional MPK Mini MK3 software...

* Blogging...

* Watching Jurassic Hunt...

Update: 

* While watching the movie with Atarah and her aunt I got a phone call. I paused the movie excused myself. After hearing what happened, I resumed the movie for them to watch, went to the restroom and sat in darkness. I made a call for more details. The next call I received broke me. In anguish, I screamed yelled, cried, packed my belongings and journeyed to the bus stop. On the way, I canceled a couple next-day appointments and when I arrived at my garage I began searching for a plane ticket then cried myself to sleep. It was the beginning of the end of my life. 

As the quest continues...

The future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign