Friday, August 20, 2021

Week 569: Rest In Peace Mike Oates - COVID has no right!

Weekly Written Review

This week weighed heavy on my heart. I found out on Wednesday via Facebook that my high school friend/neighborhood balling crew partner, Mike Oates passed away from Covid. He left behind young twin boys. He had so much life to live. It's disheartening. We haven't been in touch over the years but he was apart of my childhood, now he's gone. 

"It was me, Troy, Mike and Joel. Sometimes lookout for tall Tyrone. It was like that cause we was a crew. But once in a while it was two on two." 

Those are the lyrics to a song I wrote after graduating from high school. I woke up the next morning reciting those lyrics. 

Mike was a good guy. Competitive. Loved to laugh. He got along with everybody. No one deserves to die from Covid. Mike was certainly did not deserve this. 

My spirit is hurt because a part of me is missing. The thought of him gone is simply depressing. Sending love, peace and strength to Mike's family. 

Last week was already rough. This week disclosed the inevitable. I had ambitious intentions to begin production for my feature film in October. That reality of that became unreal after getting delined for another grant on Monday. I'm still going to find a way to make my film but most likely not in 2021. I'm now aiming for early 2022. I'm detered by the lack of grants and Covid Delta rising. The timing just isn't right. I'm also coming to terms with my project being low budget. I might not even be able to pay some actors. I hope not. Now that I'm shooting at a later date, I have more time to figure how to increase the budget. Lottery? Stocks? Robbing a bank? I honestly don't now. 

On the brighter side of things, I finally discovered a show to watch. In recent days, I've spent a good portion of my nights looking for a new show and found no success. I considered Ozarks in the past but this week I finally gave it a try. I like it. It's good to have a show to look forward to. Having a show to end my work day is helpful. I watch several shows with Atarah but I haven't had one for myself in a while. I'm reinvigorated. 


Sunday, August 8, 2021

* Tennis doubles. My partner and I were leading 5 to 2. We lost in the tie break. He got tired and the other team gained an advantage with breaks. Terrible. 

* Korean BBQ after tennis with Kent...

* Head pressure. Nothing to watch.


Monday, August 9, 2021

* Tennis...

* Passion Fund contest declined...

* Casting development...

* Discovered Ozarks... Pretty good. 


Tuesday, August 10, 2021

* Watching Ozarks...

* Casting development complete...

* Post Office...


Wednesday, August 11, 2021

* Mango pick up...

* RIP Mike Oates


Thursday, August 12, 2021

* Tennis...

* Watching Ozarks...

* Low-spirited day. Thinking of Mike.


Friday, August 13, 2021

* Tennis. A total of 3 showed up today. 

* Watching Ozarks...


Saturday, August 14, 2021

* Watching Ozarks...

* Subway pickup for Barb...


As the quest continues...

The future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign