Monday, June 22, 2020

Week 508: 7 Days to Treatment

Weekly Written Review 

Last week I decided to devote myself to the world of stocks, then an email changed everything. Last month I was expecting results from BET's Project CRE8:TV contest. On April 15 (Week 500) I submitted my first television pilot and anticipated the results by the end of May. There were no updates in May. Based on how crazy the world is, it could be for any reason. After a certain point, you just got to keep it moving. With the contest far from my mind, I received an email on Monday indicating that I'm a semifinalist. I honestly had no emotion. I was with my writing partner and showed her the email from my phone. She was prompted not to get excited because it doesn't mean, yet. It's good news but there's still a long way to go before it actually amounts to something meaningful.

The only thing I allowed myself to believe is that something is shifting. This coupled with a positive email from a finance executive the day before, I'm sensing a definite shift. The email informed me of that next requirement, which is a 5-page treatment. Without ever completing an official treatment, I had a smooth experience with this one. It was fun, had a lot of laugh out loud moments and there was no stress. I was basically done on Thursday and I made minor adjustments until submission on Monday (Week 509). 

It was a powerful 7 days. All kinds of new ideas began flowing through my head for the first time in a while. The best part is, my introduction with stocks last week was not neglected. Letting go of the entertainment world for a week, allowed my soul to embrace a whole new world, and now its a part of me. I'm proud of that. It's not easy for a mind that always wants to be creative to collide with numbers but it's happening and I'm getting it done. 


Sunday, June 7, 2020

* Turnip Sunday... then I'm retiring from the stock game with 10 million bells. Completed that task on Tuesday.

* Stocks webinar with Charles Becco. Before going to sleep around 7:00am I randomly checked my Instagram and notice Charles was doing a seminar on stocks in a few hours. I had no idea he was financially informed. I met him a few years ago and we mainly talked about entertainment. 

* Rewatching The Avatar: The Last Air Bender. 

* Editing a new 2020 acting reel

* Completed ADR request for Hank...

* Good news email from Dayo


Monday, June 8, 2020

* Playing Fortnite with Impluse

* BET's Project CRE8: TV semifinalist notice

* Rewatching The Avatar: The Last Air Bender. 

* Developing CB treatment (setup/intro)

* Blogging


Tuesday, June 9, 2020

* Ujamaa seminar presentation (zoom) 

* Making contacts on twitter

* Developing CB treatment (characters)

* Writing YouTube trailer scripts for my channel


Wednesday, June 10, 2020

* This day again...

* Developing CB treatment (episodes)


Thursday, June 11, 2020

* Last 1.6-mile run came in at my best time yet (14:16)

* CB treatment draft 1 & 2 completed. Spent the shortest time on it tonight. 


Friday, June 12, 2020

* Tennis...

* Garage stop/store run for Barb

* Best Buy gift pick up (Lite)

* Stock study

* CB treatment copy editing


Saturday, June 13, 2020

* Treatment work...

* Laundry day with At... I washed pillows, I think for the first time (ever) today. 

* Gaming...


As the quest continues...

The future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign