Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Week 507: Not So Dear Sabbatical

Weekly Written Review 

At the start of this week, I envisioned a blog post entitled, Dear Entertainment Industry. In that post, I was going to write about taking somewhat of a hiatus from the industry. That idea barely lasted a week.  Two weeks ago, I was on a mission to write two new television pilots but I've been stuck on how to fully develop those worlds. On Sunday, I decided, I'm not going to force my brain to write. I'm better off taking it easy or embrace something new. Sure, I want to write new material but I have a good amount of completed scripts. I have no reason to strain out more. I'm honestly just not in the spirit of writing new ideas right now. This made me evaluate my position in the entertainment industry. I didn't plan on quitting but I figured it would be healthy to step aside for a moment. Fast forward to Friday, I woke up from a long nap to a message from an acting colleague. Her messages included a list of twitter handles of people that want to help African American writers. I got right on it and discovered a plethora of people wanting to help. Apparently and unfortunately, George Floyd's death is warming people's desires to help writers like myself. 

Before Friday, I never effectively DMed anybody on Twitter. I have an account but I don't use it. Saturday morning, they starting replying with offers to read my scripts and possibly help. I ended up sending out my TV pilot to 4 people and my autobio screenplay to one person. I made another contact with a person in Canada that might consider me for a role one day. 

Monday morning I woke up with an epiphany and spent 3 productive days researching stocks. I thought that was going to be my main focus for a while. I tried to study stocks in February but I didn't enjoy the experience. I had a pleasant experience with stocks with week. Now I have better resources and I'm more balanced. 

There's a shift taking place. Wait until you read about my developments next week. For now, I'm in a good-spirited place allowing me to balance the worlds of stocks and entertainment. 


Sunday, May 31, 2020

* Protests continue...

* Rewatching the Avatar The Last Airbender...

* Best Buy Switch Lite pickup...

* Today I decided its time to stop writing...


Monday, June 1, 2020

* Woke up with stocks on my mind. When I reached for my phone, I immediately discovered an expiring Facebook invitation to a stock tips group. It was all in my subscience mind. 

* Established an account with Webull...

* I'm sleeping really late now. I didn't go to sleep until after 7:30am the next morning. This pattern continues. 


Tuesday, June 2, 2020

* Protest continues...

* Rewatching the Avatar The Last Airbender

* Stock research...completed my Webull signup. 


Wednesday, June 3, 2020

* Protesting continues...

* Drop off At for your trip...

* Holding up a light for 8 mins 49 seconds for George Floyd in solidarity. 


Thursday, June 4, 2020

* Weekly 1.6 mile run. My recorded time was 15:12. That's good but I fumbled my phone and the timer. My time is probably at least -4 seconds from 15:12. 

* Switch time with Rh...


Friday, June 5, 2020

* Tennis. Good games. No wins. 

* 51 Clubhouse Classic delivered

* After a late nap, I woke up to an inspiring Facebook message from an acting colleague named Bernadette. The Twitter handles she sent me guided me on a unique journey. 


Saturday, June 6, 2020

* Twitter responses. Script sending.  CB & my autobio. Signing releases. 

* Picking up At...

* Gaming...

* Rodney put me on to the Ujamaa Collective. So far sounds interesting. 


As the quest continues...

The future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign