Saturday, July 13, 2019

Week 460: A breath of Fresh Air

Weekly Written Review

2019 started off with no clear path after my screenplay's rewrites. Fast forward to Week 443, I played tennis with an industry friend and she suggested that I submit the first 30 pages to the We Make Movies Writers Workshop. I wasn't immediately sold but I eventually came to. Engaging in the process sparked a surge of momentum needed to fuel my screenplay. Soon after I submitted to 8 screenplay contests, followed by two consecutive advancements from one of them. Last week, I got the good news about the We Make Movies Writers Workshop. The workshop is essentially a table ready with a group of actors and an audience. I had my first table ready back in April 2015, that was great. It was basically my first draft. The workshop took place on Wednesday and it was an incredible experience. I've worked on my screenplay a lot since the first table read and it was a delight to hear it read out loud again. The words I wrote sounded so good. Plus, I didn't notice many grammatical errors.

There was laughter throughout the entire session. When the read was over I came to the stage for feedback and I was showered with compliments. I heard things like, "It was really funny." I loved the absurdity and ridiculous comedy." "It was a breath of fresh air." "I can see it happening. I want to see your show." The same person that told me that my work was a breath of fresh air also compared me to Tyler Perry. I'm certainly not trying to create work like Tyler Perry but I understand the magnitude of the comparison. After the feedback, I shared my screenplay updates and left the stage. The praise continued on the sidewalk probably for another 30mins.

Now that's all over, it's going to take some time to get used to receiving compliments about my writing. It seems so foreign for a person that didn't really do good in grade school. It makes sense when I consider all the skits and projects I've been writing over the years consistently but I digress, I'll shut up and take in the good vibes. I'm grateful and thankful.


Sunday, July 7, 2019

* Writing edits...

* Brainstorming new screenplay ideas on the way to the concert

* Damian Marley Reggae concert at the Hollywood Bowl with At


Monday, July 8, 2019

* Writing...C&B


Tuesday, July 9, 2019

* Basketball...

* Writing...


Wednesday, July 10, 2019

* We Make Movies Writers Workshop


Thursday, July 11, 2019

* Writers meeting with Michael


Friday, July 12, 2019

* Tennis

* Switch time with LuLu


Saturday, July 13, 2019

* Post Office

* Blogging

* Watching, A Quiet Place.

* Visit from Andre...quick stop at Smart & Final

* Watching an Amination Webinar...


As the quest continues...

The future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign