Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Week 435: First Week Back, Discipline Intact

Weekly Written Review 

Disclaimer: I'm about two weeks removed from this post and after falling under the weather on Thursday, I'm still in major catch up mode. The motivation for my blog is still lackluster but I'm starting to realize it's better to get this type of thing done in the morning right now.

Let's see how well I can recap this week in the fewest words possible. I landed a straight to callback audition with Ross on my third day back. I haven't heard back since but my audition discipline protocol is in motion and that's promising. At the very least I can confirm that I was one of the better dressed young men at the audition. I started actively declining background work with Central Casting and that was a very wise decision. I would of certainly, had a few major conflicts if I accepted them. My background days are over and I'm still sticking to that.

On Thursday, I became under the weather. It was pretty bad. I didn't want to do nothing but sleep. I slept for at least 24 hours straight. I slept so much that my head started to hurt. I barely ate too. I tried eating soup and I couldn't even finish it. Then thought of having my signature sardines and tuna made me worst. The next day I started to feel a little better but my appetite was still struggling. I was in the mood for tea and a salad. So I made some tea at home for the first time and got me a salad from Subway. The salad wasn't worth the seven-plus dollars but I made it work.

On the way to Subway, I got an email from my agent asking about my shoe size. They told me it was a question from casting. If casting is asking a question that's a great sign for a booking. My immediate thought was the Ross callback. After I ate my salad my agent emailed me again with the subject entitled: Congratulations you booked a commercial with Febreze. I was in shocked. I didn't even audition for Febreze. Turns out they selected a group of people from their casting profiles. The booking got my mind thinking, "Perhaps this has something to do with the Superbowl." I was right and wrong. I was right about it having to do something with the Superbowl but it wasn't going to air during the actual game. It's an online video.

Another highlight of this week is that I booked a featured role in an energy drink spot on Saturday. Another small role I didn't have to audition for. It was quick and simple. Overall this was a great first week back. Becoming under the weather was also a real eye-opener. It made me realize how much better I could be taking care of myself. This also means I need to invest more in myself more. As an example, when it gets cold I wear a short cut out arm sleeve on my forehead. It helps but it slips off way too often while I'm sleeping. I've been doing this for years now. What I should've done is invest in something better for my head or take the time out to see what I already have. I was forced into searching through my bag of hats and behold, I actually own a couple head stocking options. Sleeping improved 25% because of this one action.

Despite becoming under the weather, this was a great first week back.  I have less audition ally's then I thought but my audition discipline is in full effect. Most importantly, I believe my loss of appetite is for the better. I started making some major meal changes from this point on. Tune in next week to find out some of my meal upgrades. 


Sunday, January 13, 2019

* Arrived back in LA

* Helping Kandace with an audition video


Monday, January 14, 2019

* Rain...

* Low key/relaxing day

* Audition notice

* Fitness Boxing


Tuesday, January 15, 2019

* Hair cut

* Ross audition

* Basketball/Night. 14 points. 6 for 6, 100%.

* I was requested for background work and stuck to my guns. "No" conflict.

* Fitness Boxing

* Audition notice...


Wednesday, January 16, 2019

* Escape the Night audition. People noticed me in an Instagram photo about the audition then came a barrage of questions. I didn't realize how popular that Youtube Original series is.

* Fitness Boxing in the morning

* Discovered Cinereach and submitted


Thursday, January 17, 2019

* 24hours under the weather. All I did was sleep, sleep and more sleep causing a big headache.


Friday, January 18, 2019

* A little better...

* Took a walk for a salad at Subway

* Febreze booking

* Blue LA and Trader Joe's run


Saturday, January 19, 2019

* Energy drink shoot

* Panda Express

* Watching the Laker/Rockets game

* Fornite...

* Still coughing


As the quest continues...

The future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign