Monday, September 28, 2020

Week 522: Celebrating One DECADE in LA - RIP Tarik Jackson

 Weekly Written Review

September 19th made 10 years since I arrived in LA. It is indeed a great accomplishment and you know what they say about 10 years, right? You don't know? Well, they say, "It takes 10 years to become an overnight success." Hint Hint! Wink Wink! It's obvious my time is now. 

My journey is long, much longer than expected and I'm okay with that. The main downfall of being apart of a long journey is the lives that are lost along the way. While casually browsing Facebook on Friday and was alerted very unfortunate news about Tarik Jackson. Shortly afterward I posted on his page. 

I'm confused, shocked, and devasted. This news doesn't make any sense. Tarik had so much to live for. He was an inspiration. We met during the American Black Flim Festival on Sat, June 27, 2009 in Miami, FL. Years later we unexpectedly crossed paths in LA at the Roosevelt Hotel. In 2013, he screened his film at my film festival. Often times when he got word of an opportunity in late-night television he sent me the link. In May, I was so happy to know he was selected for HBO's Access Directing Fellowship. Not long after, I was a finalist in BET's Project Cre8TV contest. We praised each other and chatted about the possibility of him directing one of my projects in the future. Now, all hope is gone. I don't understand why this happened and it hurts my heart.
Tarik Jackson
I wish I could go back in time be there for you. From this day forward, my fight is your fight. I love you brother. My sincerest condolences to Tarik's family.

Motown Maurice and Tarik Jackson at The American Black Film Festival, Miami, FL 2009
Motown Maurice and Tarik Jackson at The American Black Film Festival, Miami, FL 2009

Motown Maurice and Tarik Jackson at The QuarterlyWrap Festival, Downtown LA, 2013

Rest In Love Tarik Jackson


Sunday, September 13, 2020

* Hair cut...

* Virtual table read "Boys" with Michael Klug

* Editing 36 Reasons video

* Rewatching Korra and watching Pose...


Monday, September 14, 2020

* 1pm Skype GS interview for TPIR

* Rewatching and Korra

* Editing...

* Just Dance...

* Bumble Biz video chat with...


Tuesday, September 15, 2020

* Photoshoot of my new blog photo...

* Blogging...


Wednesday, September 16, 2020

* Blog banner editing...

* Garage return... I got a new table. At least I'm borrowing a new table. 

* Studio set up/planning...

* Blog photo editing...


Thursday, September 17, 2020

* Phone call with Tatiana

* Walk to the Asian supermarket. No mangos. Picked up some plums. 

* Webcam/audio testing

* Virtual Ring Fit with Atarah 

* Ordered Super Mario 3D Allstars and WWE 2k Battlegrounds with my make it rain beach money. 


Friday, September 18, 2020

* Tennis...

* RIP Tarik Jackson...

* Watching Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous. I believed I also watched Korra and The Boys...


Saturday, September 19, 2020

* Brawhalla tournament

* Blog update - celebrating 10-years in LA. 

* Rewatching Korra. Another Jurassic World Camp episode. Rewatching The Originals. 

* WWE 2k Battlegrounds arrived. Drove to pick it up. 


As the quest continues...

The future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign