Saturday, August 3, 2019

Week 462: It Doesn't Mean Anything Confirmed - Bumble Bizzing

Weekly Written Review 

I got to work as an actor this week. It's the first time I did some real acting since I was in Colorado last May. While I was waiting, there was a moment in which I asked myself, "Why am I here?" I immediately answered (in my mind) for the exposure. Granted, exposure is good and needed. Following that moment, I physically and spiritually confirmed that acting is borning. I've documented that acting isn't exciting in the past, it's especially dull when my head is flowing with an abundance of ideas that I need to type out.

In other news, "It doesn't mean anything has been confirmed." Meaning, I found out my autobiographical screenplay won't be advancing past the semi-finals. Less than a week, this was my response to the competition:

-------------------------------

ScreenCraft,

Particularly, I don't believe in the competition circuits. I've had my share of disappointments over the years and I've concluded a long time ago that I'll more than likely never achieve any success in a competition. I entered my screenplay in this competition mostly for the heck of it. At the very least, I thought I would gain some momentum and send a message to the universe. To my surprise, my screenplay made it to the semi-finals. As shocking as that was, I wasn't convinced that it meant anything. This email isn't intended to be perceived as bitter or negative. I'm actually quite appreciative and thankful for the experience. I just never believed in it. 

I'm 100% confident that I will find a way to get my screenplay made. It's just a matter of time. 

Even though it was for a short period of time, I appreciate ScreenCraft for considering my story. 

Continued success. 

Peace and many blessings. 

Motown

--------------------------------------

In today's last set of news, I took the advice from someone I played tennis with recently and established my Bumble Bizz account. I must say it has been beneficial to the quest. I also sent my mom belated bday gifts with some treats from Amazon this week.

The end.


Sunday, July 21, 2019

* Driving...

* Brainstorming new screenplay

* Shaved close for the first time in a long time

* Audition video sent


Monday, July 22, 2019

* Dhar Mann shoot

* I gave myself a close shave for the first time this year. I think...


Tuesday, July 23, 2019

* Started reading my writing partner's script

* Post office was closed...systems were down. Found a nearby mailman. Sent for a donation and fulfilled a promise since January.

* Watched the Love, Antosha documentary screening


Wednesday, July 24, 2019

* Starting writing the treatment for CLN

* Didn't advance any further to the ScreenCraft comedy contest. I made it to the semi-finals much further than I expected.


Thursday, July 25, 2019

* Basketball. Wasn't able to play full court today because kids were using the other half. Didn't win any games until my last game. 

* 6 Month mark until the reunion

* Dinner with Dhar Mann


Friday, July 26, 2019

* Tennis...

* Cat food run at Food 4 Less

* Got a little development writing in, not much.

* Night run for hangers with At...then Ihop


Saturday, July 27, 2019

* 1st reunion email sent out

* Blogging...

* Bonham-Clyde shoot


As the quest continues...

The future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign