Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Week 439: Ugly and Unexciting

Weekly Written Review

What should do I do today? How do I get things started? Those are the kinds of questions, I've had to ask myself lately. When are auditions are slow and it's cold are outside, I got to rely heavily on self-motivation to get my day going. Since the start of 2019, my best idea has been to stay in bed and never leaving the covers.  Eventually, nature takes its course and the fight to do something productive begins. Sometimes I get a creative spark during the day, most times at night. Thank God for Fitness Boxing because it's been a great motivator. I'm inspired to do anything after my workout session.  During my creative process, I'm in my pajamas often unshaven with my hair unkempt. My re-read re-write of my screenplay is actually going really well. I'm upcoming up with all kinds of exciting new ideas. The process, on the other hand, isn't exciting. The process is ugly. I ended up chatting with a random person Saturday night who works in the education system. She asked about what I do and I explained. I buttoned my response by stating it's nothing exciting. We had a lengthy back forth because of my reply but in the end, I believe she understood what I was trying to say. The process of a writer/creator is often very ugly. I wouldn't describe my creative conditions as pretty and there isn't much excitement. At the same time, there's nothing else in the world I would rather be doing (with the exception of sitting on my late night throne).  I love what I do. I'm built for it. I just wouldn't describe the majority of what I do as exciting. The world gets to see a creator's output which is often exciting. Showcasing the final product on a regular basis are the kinds of moments I'm fighting for. They're often brief yet worth every moment of ugly.

Lastly, I want to say that I don't know why things are currently so slow with auditions. I can only assume that it's supposed to be slow. It's not easy getting in a consistent writing flow. Since it's been slow, I've activated my writing powers and I'm making incredible adjustments to my script. I love the upgrades. The changes are fantastic. The script has a new identity and it will soon be ready for the next level. The time I'm taking to watch movies and TV shows have also contributed to many new ideas. Some times I zone out from what I'm watching and it leads to a cool new idea for my script. My script is floating on cloud awesome.


Sunday, February 10, 2018

* Audition video sent with assistance from Joyce. My agent didn't send it off until Tuesday. I didn't know why they missed the deadline. Thankfully, the deadline got extended. Until then I was ready to blow things up.

* Blogging...

* Fitness Boxing


Monday, February 11, 2018

* Laundry day

* Movie Monday's: Ant-Man

* Script reading

* Fitness Boxing


Tuesday, February 12, 2018

* Basketball... I don't know why but my body was depleted afterward. It was the most tired, cold and hungry I've ever been after playing. I was totally beat down.

* Bohemian Rhapsody screening accompanied by Mari

* I had a craving for eggs and I was able to get some after the screening. It was my first time purchasing eggs for myself in LA and I enjoyed my scrambled egg sandwich.


Wednesday, February 13, 2018

* Nintendo Direct. Whoop Whoop! Mario Marker is coming.

* Cooking Salmon

* Script reading

* Fitness Boxing


Thursday, February 14, 2018

* Raining mostly all day

* Script reading

* Fitness Boxing


Friday, February 15, 2018

* Basketball...Lost the first, won the next 3 or so and unnecessarily lost the last.

* Fitness Boxing


Saturday, February 16, 2018

* Script reading. Making great progress

* Dollar general trip. Picked up some Spaghetti and made a whole box.

* Watching the Dragon Prince...




As the quest continues...

The future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign