Sunday, February 10, 2019

Week 438: The Calm Before the Imaginary Storm

Weekly Written Review 

Audition wise, it's been slow. The slowness is in perfect timing since auditions the week before got me fired up to do some more. Sarcasm aside, most days this week were dull. My spirit was intact but it wasn't until hump day that I realized that the excitement I'm yearning for currently doesn't exist in the physical world. I found joy in the imaginary world. During the last decade, I've had an abundance of life-changing opportunities come my way. After fulfilling the requirements and submitting myself, my imagination would run wild. Often times those opportunities required relocating and it challenged me to reevaluate my whole situation. Every probable image, perspective, and possibly would flow throughout my mind and I always enjoyed it. Over time, I forced my mind not to drift into the world of fantasy. The disappointment became overbearing. The imaginary frontier began in Florida and transitioned to LA. I had many moments in LA that allowed my mind to fly free, but after a while, I had to activate imagination control. It was time to shut it down. It became easier to mentally move on when I had a load of auditions to complete. 

Now it's a new year, things are slow and I had an impressively cool opportunity come my way this week. I didn't even have to memorize any lines. All I had to do was send off a five-minute clip of funny sketches. I really enjoyed my final project. I've lost track of how many times I watched the video over again. It's a short compilation of some of my best work. Watching it brought me joy. When it was time for bed, I removed the shackles from my head and gave my imagination full access to go where every it desired. Who cares if I don't get the role. In my mind, I booked it and I enjoyed every single moment of the experience. Allowing myself to envision a positive outcome was actually really rewarding. My mind took me on an adventure and I honestly can't wait to blast off again.


Sunday, February 3, 2019

* Superbowl Sunday. Sorry, Rams :-(

* Fitness Boxing

* Screenplay fixes

* Watching Dr. Strange


Monday, February 4, 2019

* Watching Avengers Infinity War

* Script reading

* Cooking Salmon

* Fitness Boxing


Tuesday, February 5, 2019

* Basketball...

* Script reading

* Computer work...


Wednesday, February 6, 2019

* Was going to play a rescheduled game of tennis but it was too cold

* Errands, rice and fish pick up

* Audition reel sent for Studio C

* Blogging...


Thursday, February 7, 2019

* Basketball. Long day of loses. Only won one game.

* Feeding chickens. My neighbor paid me $10.00 a day to feed her chickens twice a day for two days. It was cool. Aside from waking up at 9am twice, I'm not complaining.

* Script reading


Friday, February 8, 2019

* Tennis (Revenge). A few weeks ago I played Tennis with Erick and he beat me pretty bad. Today, he beat me in the first set about 6 to 4 and I beat him the next 12 games. It was a great victory.

* Last day of feeding chickens

* Cooked rice, salmon and corn. Watch out now, I've added corn to my meals.


Saturday, February 9, 2019

* SAG-Aftra Film Society screening of Velvet Chainsaw with Joyce. For some odd unconnected reason, I got an Iron Man related idea for my screenplay while watching this movie.

* Script reading...


As the quest continues...

The future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign