Monday, September 20, 2021

What Now?

During the last 11 years, no one could tell me I'm not The Future of Late Night Television. Now, if you doubt me I'll say, "You're probably right." For over a decade I had purpose. Now I "feel" soulless. The difference between now and then was the presence of the one person that gave a reason to fight for. Now that the person isn't with me anymore, the point of my existence is in question, so are my goals and my so-called late-night destiny. 

A few weeks ago, I was a free-spirited young man with very few obligations. My life now is embedded with a myriad of challenges. I'm a broken man that will most likely cry at least once a day for the rest of my time. Life...? Is it wrong for me to want to get my life over with? Not take my own life but simply finish up whatever I'm supposed to do on this planet then move on. I hate having to continue this way.  

As for the status of this blog... Working on projects helps me cope. I can't confidently say that I will achieve my goals but I'll continue. I've been on this impossible path for a long time and frankly, that's all I know. I'm without faith, hope and I'm discouraged, yet, I'll keep going because I know my love would've wanted me to.

I wish I could confidently say, I will achieve my goals but I can't. My level of conviction is wounded. From this day forward, I'll continue. I'll try... Hopefully, at some point, I'll be able to try my best. With or without the achievements, I will live out the rest of my time trying to make my heart proud. 

As the quest continues...

The future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign