Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Week 540: Weather is Great and so is Progress

 Weekly Written Review 

Remastering a 5 and a 1/2 hour series ain't easy. It takes a lot of time, patience, and battle skills. I spent countless hours fighting against the closed caption monster. Captions have actually been the toughest part. Imagine spending hours typing, only to realize that the text constantly becomes un-sync.  Talk about defeat. It took forever to figure it out and when I did, it was a relief. The irony is, I figured it out with a program I got rid of more than once. Everyone online wrote highly about Subtitle Title but it wasn't operating the way I wanted it to. As a result,  I uninstalled it twice. Desperation calls for a third try and the program started to make sense since when I finally learned the process of delivering captions. I didn't know the video and the captions had to be handed over separately. Once that knowledge was confirmed, I began to fight less and love again. Overall, I made a lot of great progress this week with the remaster I'm thankful that the weather has been great. When it's cold outside, it's freezing in my garage. That hasn't been the case lately. Thank the Lord.  


Sunday,  January 17, 2021

* New hard drive arrival

* Copying files/ remastering - day 35

* Watching Spartacus 

* Run 1.4 miles

* Bumble Bizing


Monday, January 18, 2021

* Blogging

* Remaster/reshooting a Virgin Mobile scene - day 36
* Great news from Galpin...

* Return home...


Tuesday, January 19, 2021

* Meeting with Katherine

* Flier design

* Remastering/closed captioning/ touch-ups


Wednesday, January 20, 2021

* Returning emails

* Remastering/closed captioning (S3 Ep1-2 & 3) - day 37

* Trailer script development


Thursday, January 21, 2021

* Remastering/closed captioning/ fully embraced subtitle edit/ it's working
Season 3 4 completed - day 38


Friday, January 22, 2021

* Tennis comeback of the century. Played a young lady for the first time and she took a 5-0 lead. I needed up beating her in a tie break. Also won in the second set 7-5. - day 39

* Closed caption completed (for the most part) season 5 & 6 - day 40


Saturday, January 23, 2021

* Galpin check pick up...

* Remastering/crediting/rendering review draft. 
Issues rendering a file but I solved the problem the next day. - day 41


As the quest continues...

The future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign