Friday, April 3, 2020

Week 497: Animal Crossing New Horizons is taking over my life and it helps during the crisis

Weekly Written Review 

The world is in a state of crisis and I've been playing Animal Crossings New Horizons. The game is literally taking over my life. The game is fun, addictive and a delightful escape from the Covid19 pandemic. It's hard to keep track of Coronaviris news but I can assure you this week was worse than the last week. The death toll is increasing and there isn't a clear sign of it ending anytime soon.  I still anticipated playing tennis on Friday but the city is preventing access.

Aside from not being able to play tennis and basketball, I'm actually having fun. I hope that doesn't come off as insensitive but the way people are living right now is no different from how I've lived my life over the past 10 years. I'm pandemic conditioned and ready. The first time my writing partner came to my house she noticed my food supply and told me that I'm prepared for the apocalypse if it were to happen.

I know things are bad for a lot of people but I'm making the most out of the situation. I've actually been spending the crisis with my writing partner and we created makeshift sidewalk tennis last week. Using a dog fence as a net we play a short-range rally game.

The crisis creates a great opportunity for writers. I'm sure a lot of writers are working on pandemic stories but I'm not interested. I've been working on a comedy pilot. I started developing it in 2018. Two years later I'm finally writing the first episode. Writing it has been a bit of a drag. Last year I wrote like an obsessed man. Now I'm writing in chunks.  Nonetheless, I'm getting it done. I'm half progressive and half Animal Crossing all day. I believe I'm keeping a good balance. It doesn't seem that way sometimes but I have a paper trace of progress. After all the writing I did last year, I should be taking this year off but I'm still stuck in rewrites. The never-ending journey of rewrites. 


Sunday, March 22, 2020

* Completed season 5 of Power

* Playing ACNH

* Fitness boxing...


Monday, March 23, 2020

* CB writing...

* Playing ACNH

* Fitness Boxing...


Tuesday, March 24, 2020

* CB Writing...

* 1pm Zoom meeting...

* 2pm phone conference with MD

* Inspiring phone call from Nassali...


Wednesday, March 25, 2020

* Writing CB

* Makeshift tennis

* Watching Screencraft's AMA with Shiwani Srivastava Q&A

* Playing ACNH

* Watching Power


Thursday, March 26, 2020

* Garage check-in...

* Sprouts run...

* Makeshift tennis...

* CB writing...

* Playing ACNH...

* Watching Power...


Friday, March 27, 2020

* No regular tennis. Crisis shut down.

* Completed my 2019 taxes...

* Long walk...CB brainstorming

* Playing ACNH


Saturday, March 28, 2020

* Smart & Final run...

* Playing ACNH with LuLu

* Watching Power

* CB...notes...No writing...


As the quest continues...

The future of Late Night

Motown Maurice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments fuel this blog. Thank you in advance for leaving one or two or three. :-)

Like The Future of Late Night Campaign